Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I like the Medicom version just fine. I think their Bats looks awesome so your "Medi Hater" logic is void here. There really isn't a difference between the Medi sculpt and the HT to me anyways. I was simply pointing out that even though HT's grays seem a bit much they are still screen accurate because some had mentioned they're not.

If Medi's figures were true 1:6 scale I'd be scratching my head over which one to get. This time HT's size and more accessories are the only things that make Hot Toys my Bat of choice.:D

I'm calling BS on the Medi hater thing too. The Actual suit chest IS a 2 tone variation in materials although the grey is actually a very dark grey in person. I've seen it.

The Med is a beautiful figure but if their chest isn't 2 tone, it's simply not accurate. That is a valid point.

The old head/neck combo actually looks better I think, if not slightly inaccurate on the mouth opening. Here is a pic from the SDCC display of the older sculpt. Look mighty sweet. The grey don't look that light nor shiny either. Even the guy who took the picture think most pics have funny proportion(pic #2) due to the camera angle, or shooting the figure too close. He commented the figure actually look very nice & has good proportion in person.

2703386320276cc56ebeocu3.jpg

2702564441a0591a0152ojt5.jpg

And don't know about the Medicom Hater comment either. I myself has more Medicom 12" than any other brand in my collection. But still feel that HT is still a great competitor in this heated TDK battle. Medicom's does win on overall accuracy, while HT offers better details and more accessories. Just very interested to see how these 2 companies trying to bring the best they could offer, and what kind of results it would be.

Oh god, I just creamed my pants. That TDK Batman ... WOW. The new HT Begins Bat was my favorite. But combine the authentic likeness, with my favorite on screen Batman costume. JOYGASM!!! That figure rocks.

it sucks in comparison with de medicom

just look at the shoulder pads, too big,
the figure as a whole is also too big when compared with the real life screen batman and the medicom

Oh I like the Medicom version just fine. I think their Bats looks awesome so your "Medi Hater" logic is void here. There really isn't a difference between the Medi sculpt and the HT to me anyways. I was simply pointing out that even though HT's grays seem a bit much they are still screen accurate because some had mentioned they're not.

If Medi's figures were true 1:6 scale I'd be scratching my head over which one to get. This time HT's size and more accessories are the only things that make Hot Toys my Bat of choice.:D

is the medicom not 1/6? :rolleyes:

Many Medicom figures are shorter than 12", sometimes shy of even 11.5 inches!

I don't own a lot of Medicom figures, but I do have their Spider-man figures (comic and movie), and I was disappointed to see the Venom figures (again, comic and movie) were shorter than the Spidey figures. Venom, captured in 1/6 form should be much taller than webhead.

That's just 1 example, I'm sure someone can think of more.

dwarf 1/6 compared to any other 1/6 figure out there.. Still I prefer the overall look of the medicom figure. I've ordered 2 and will probably get them depending on how the final probuct looks even if it is in smaller scale than the HT figures.. but i will keep my order for the HT dk figure as well

The medicom DK looks great, but so far haven't seen any real pictures of the figure on display. I'll keep judgement until then. One thing we can expect from Medicom is paltry amount of accessories and the chance of the RAH body breaking from being looked at too hard.

The HT figure looks good. Not perfect, but good - even better now that HT fixed the cowl sculpt.

Couple of pics from Comic-Con. The old head is still in place but I thought hey were worth seeing the detail. Hot Toys has thrown so much detail into this figure it is unreal. The texture on the gloves if great and the colors on the armor are spot on when you see it in person.

There is a little distortion form the camera lens so he's not really as stocky as he looks here.

P1000189.jpg

P1000178.jpg

P1000179.jpg

P1000181.jpg

P1000183.jpg

I laugh my ass off at anyone willing to waste money on the Medicom version, so what if its more "film accruate" !!! Medicom IMO is a mystery to me, lousy quality, half assed head sculpts and wacked scales but one of the most expensive products out there????

The Medicom looks cheap to me, maybe a bit more accurate but not so much that I would switch sides. I mean, how damn accurate to you need you toys to be? Do some of you talk to them???

Heres a BIG :rolleyes: to anyone ^^^^^ing about the Medicom vs Hot Toys.

im still worried about these parts...I hope the paint sticks to it and dont peel easily off like ive experienced a few times before with such figures.
HT shouldnt be so amateurish so i hope they know what they are doing

I laugh my ass off at anyone willing to waste money on the Medicom version, so what if its more "film accruate" !!! Medicom IMO is a mystery to me, lousy quality, half assed head sculpts and wacked scales but one of the most expensive products out there????

The Medicom looks cheap to me, maybe a bit more accurate but not so much that I would switch sides. I mean, how damn accurate to you need you toys to be? Do some of you talk to them???

I know you love Medicom:D

HT looks better overall,no doubt,but Medicom looks more accurate yeah,so its about taste.My worries with medicom is the quality,so i will wait for the final product and then decide.If the HT figure has the problem i mentioned in my post above its all medicom for me,i rather have fragile joints than paint coming off.

IF, (a big if), Medis ends up looking anywhere near as good as the promos, it will be more movie accurate, HOWEVER, I still feel the overall qualilty of HT effort will be better.

All that HT should do is make his neck thicker and it would be superb. Still amazing though and a definite preorder. Whereas I will wait to see 'real' pics of the Medi.

They all look good, buy your toy and enjoy it. I'm getting the HT one cause it looks kick ass and i'm not waiting till march for the medi.

im still worried about these parts...I hope the paint sticks to it and dont peel easily off like ive experienced a few times before with such figures.
HT shouldnt be so amateurish so i hope they know what they are doing

WOW damn, that is ugly

hot toys batman new suit shows it real face and appearence it seems...glad I still have not pre ordered this one. Will wait for some clear pictures of the Medicom wich already has the perfect proportions.

I know you love Medicom:D

HT looks better overall,no doubt,but Medicom looks more accurate yeah,so its about taste.My worries with medicom is the quality,so i will wait for the final product and then decide.If the HT figure has the problem i mentioned in my post above its all medicom for me,i rather have fragile joints than paint coming off.

² and I know i won't be playing and posing all of the time with my figure. I just need one stand and that will be it.
I will first try to fit the medicom on the hot toys Bat-Pod, if it works that is his final pose :)

:eek::eek:....:lol

That pic has been refined.Cowl improved,as well as legs and shoulderpads.I'm too lazy to find the pics.

Woo..! There speaks a Hot Toys fanboy if ever i heard one...chill pill for Vorhees!:monkey1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back