Hot Toys: The Suicide Squad: Harley Quinn (Artisan Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yu_nai_tou

1727791895887.png

1727791905812.png

1727791914947.png
1727791923453.png

https://www.instagram.com/yu_nai_tou/

I dunno. Maybe I'm just talking myself into it, but the prototype looks better there than the promo pics, IMO. I'm still gonna let the Sideshow queue decide my fate, but I'll be a little sad to miss out.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just talking myself into it, but the prototype looks better there than the promo pics, IMO. I'm still gonna let the Sideshow queue decide my fate, but I'll be a little sad to miss out.
My first thought, too. Not a "perfect" likeness especially compared to some of their recent home runs, but looks better there than the promo pictures.

My first thought, too. Not a "perfect" likeness especially compared to some of their recent home runs, but looks better there than the promo pictures.
The likeness looks bang-on in profile, but you lose it when looking at it straight. It's very hard to pin down! I still think the painting around the eyes is the main culprit.

Even though they come from different universes and have (somewhat) different aesthetics, I think this'll look incredible next to the Artisan Ledger Joker. Both of them rooted, wearing their classic colors... I can see the vision.

The likeness looks bang-on in profile, but you lose it when looking at it straight. It's very hard to pin down! I still think the painting around the eyes is the main culprit.
Agreed. Side profile looks good. And from a distance as well.

I can’t pinpoint the issue either - something with the eyes or forehead area. Maybe her face is slightly more rounded than the real Margot (not sure if that behind the scenes photo confirms or denies).

We in the 1:6 community are a picky bunch. :lol Imagine getting this level of quality in collectibles 25-years ago.

Last edited:
Looks better there but hoping they still improve it significantly before release. It's easily the best outfit she wore across her three movies.

Yeah, I mean, Ledger never got a Harley, and Robbie's Joker was a dud... They're not perfect fits by any means -- makeup vs. chemical bath skin, normal clothes vs. stylized -- but it's definitely close enough that I'd have them together on a shelf.

I think what we're seeing here is the PERS eyes having trouble reconciling itself with such an extreme facial expression. The two just don't work well together, which is why the face looks so psycho (and not Harley Quinn psycho in a good way). The eyeline isn't right either - there's too much of an upward pinch at the back of the eyes. Quinn's/Robbie's eyes have a fairly straight eyeline across her face.

For the most part, HT got it right the very first time around with the original Harley Quinn figure, back in 2016. Since then they haven't been able to capture her likeness as well. I know what it is too: they just need to fix the eyebrows and most of the face will come together. Robbie has very thick dark eyebrows, with a high arch, like you'd find with classic 40s femme-fatale vamps. If they simply add more paint and a sharper arch to the brows, everything will come together and look a lot more like the Quinn we expect to see. This is what makes Robbie so distinct and recognizable, and HT just seems to miss that glaring reality in their attempts to depict Harley Quinn in their sculpts. Look at the very first Quinn figure and you'll see how they got it mostly right that time around. Look at any others, including this "artisan" version, and you'll see how they dropped the ball.

I’m so sorry, I’m out on this one. I really want a definitive Margot Robbie Harley Quinn from HT, no question about that, and Artisan edition seems a logical choice. However, the likeness is off and not a big fan of the open wide laughing face (which was why I didn’t get the original 2016 version). Maybe a more regular smile or a smirk would have been better to pose with? The prospect of pleather outfit also frightens me. Could this be their first Artisan sculpt miss? They displayed the Artisan BW at the same event and the likeness was just uncanny on that one…

Good hunting tomorrow! How many will try to get it and how long before it sells out?

Back