HT 14" Predator full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quick review: I can't take pictures for squat and until I learn how to, I'll wait a bit.

First the bad:
*The shoulder canon on mine is extremely fimsy. It will probably break at some point unless I am EXTREMELY careful with it. I say probably because of the way the dreds get tangled up with it, it's almost unavoidable when turning the head.

*I've got some of the gloss for the face built up in a nook. It's fine but a small nitpick.

*The neck joint could have used a double ball, he's sort of stuck in a stooping forward position, but maybe this is just part of The pred's physiology. To get him to look dead ahead, it gives him a Joker-esque hunch.

*The mask is huge. That's a definite. It's a bit funny looking unless posed properly and at the proper angle. I think that much is apparent so far.

*The base is fantastic, really well done and a huge plus with a little pond as well, but the angle the stand fits into it makes it a bit awkward to pose him. Mine is also a bit wobly as it doesn't sit flush on a flat surface.

*It's been said a billion times before, but without the Pred's stand he's maybe an inch taller than dutch...I'd say at best an inch, although he does look far more imposing when you don't directly compare the height. They balance well in the end.

The Good or should I say Great:

*Great articulation, well built body. The ab crunch is really nicely done, tight but flexible and slightly 'rubbery'.

*Each extra hand has an entire extra wrist peg, which is really nice.

*The gauntlet blades are a sort of soft plastic which means it will take a bit of resistance. You won't be snapping these off easily when replacing the hands.

*Cloth is a nice material.

*Armor is nice and flexible making for easy posing.

*Medical kit isn't as detailed as the promo pics, but, and I don't remember from the promos, there is a piece of glass/plastic inside separating the main opening panel from the one that slides out. You can see through the plastic into the second panel that slides out.

*Body paint is great, I especially like the detailing on the shoulders.

*The bone necklaces are many. So far I count at least twenty individual pieces.

*Face looks quite fantastic, gloss looks great and it's easy to appreciate up close although the head or cranium itself is a bit...well toyish.

*Once again, the base is a really great ad and has a good amount of weight to it. It's not hollowed out from the bottom and is one solid piece.

So overall it's a really great figure, without the mask it looks near perfect. The issues that I have with the shoulder canon make this an extremey delicate piece however and the neck should have had a bit more articulation. If it did, the mask wouldn't seem so large as you would be able to have the head sit farther back on the shoulders. When you want him to look straight ahead, the degree to which the head sticks out from the shoulders is made that much worse since the mask ads a bit of thickness all around. Fantastic piece though, it's my first Pred and I'm extremey pleased. Dutch also came out fantastic and they make great companion pieces.

Edit: Forgot about the laser, it's done really well and if you put your hand in front of it there's even a bit of a glow projected up to about two to three inches away. Very nice touch.

Edit 2: Gauntlets are not molded, they are removable and twist around very easily.

btw I also just broke a strap, I'm going to need to pick up some super glue.

Last edited:
I liked your review laudanum09 but I have a question:

Are the gautlets molded in the arms or separate pieces??

Thanks

Just a question may seem kinda stupid. What size battery goes in the back for the light up helmet? Anyone know? Any help appreciated

I'm surprised no one but me seems to be upset about the non-removable plasma canon. That was such an iconic moment in the film, and this predator was never seen without the helmet but with plasma canon.

I won't be upset unless I know the canon isn't tied to the electronics and all, I have a feeling it is, so I'll take the lights over a non-accurrate point that doesn't totally devalue the figure. If it's not tied, then I'll be bothered.

I'm sure partly, HT might plan it for a BD version to sell another P1 later.

This predator ^^^^^*kin rocks.. no contest. The only ones i think that can even run close would be the wolf and elder preds. The diaroma/display is awesome too.

DSC00264.jpg

DSC00269.jpg

DSC00277.jpg

DSC00264.jpg

DSC00273.jpg

DSC00275.jpg

DSC00277.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

DSC00278.jpg

DSC00265.jpg

I'm surprised no one but me seems to be upset about the non-removable plasma canon. That was such an iconic moment in the film, and this predator was never seen without the helmet but with plasma canon.
it must be removeable, it's for sale on ebay as an acessory piece.

Back