Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, I agree with that. Big Boss and Solid Snake should have been voiced by two separate people from the start, as to not confuse the characters - and I find that a lot of the non-fans of MGS (and even some professional reviewers from various Video Game sources) believe that Snake and Big Boss are the same person.

But, just like David Hayter, Akio Otsuka also performed the voice for both Snake and Big Boss.

Didn't he voice Solidus and Liquid also? As wacky as that sounds Akio voicing all the snakes a least makes sense then. Not sure if he voiced Liquid though. But since John Cygan voiced Solidus in the western version it just really doesn't make sense for Solid and BIg Boss to have the same voice. Kojima really messed that up, and he did it again in PW with Huey.

Didn't he voice Solidus and Liquid also? As wacky as that sounds Akio voicing all the snakes a least makes sense then. Not sure if he voiced Liquid though. But since John Cygan voiced Solidus in the western version it just really doesn't make sense for Solid and BIg Boss to have the same voice. Kojima really messed that up, and he did it again in PW with Huey.

:exactly: Kojima really ****ed up.

Well I'm glad I never played any Japanese version if it's one guy playing three characters with the same voice.

Liquid had a different VA. I think Solidus having the same VA as Solid in Japan is weird, but i suppose they never spoke really.

It seems people still don't get why Hayter was replaced. Kojima im guessing was advised by someone english, to replace Hayter. He brings a certain B-movie performance which fits perfectly with MGS. But Kojima wants serious drama, and to bring that they want a "real" actor.
Hayter says himself MGS is the only acting he does now, a "side thing".

That being said, his MGS1 performance was worthy of this level of drama imo. But they've changed focus to the western performance, when in the past they never gave a crap. Now japan is the Dubbed over game, that shows how serious they are.

The only issue with MGS1's voice acting was the sound quality, which gave it a certain charm if I may say so that is debatable.

Am I the only one who think ( I'm not reading all the mgs forums on the internet ) that Kojima is replacing Hayter because he want to do a mgs movie one day and Hayter wouldn't bankable enough to have the main role! It's just the transition between the games and a "future" movie? And this why sutherland is there now? Because he could be snake in the mgs adaptation?!

:huh

Am I the only one who think ( I'm not reading all the mgs forums on the internet ) that Kojima is replacing Hayter because he want to do a mgs movie one day and Hayter wouldn't bankable enough to have the main role! It's just the transition between the games and a "future" movie? And this why sutherland is there now? Because he could be snake in the mgs adaptation?!

Wouldn't make sense to cast Sutherland since he's way too old to play Big Boss in MGS3, and I can't see them doing a film in the middle of Big Boss's career. As far as I know, MGS1 was going to be the outline of the film.

Liquid had a different VA. I think Solidus having the same VA as Solid in Japan is weird, but i suppose they never spoke really.

It seems people still don't get why Hayter was replaced. Kojima im guessing was advised by someone english, to replace Hayter. He brings a certain B-movie performance which fits perfectly with MGS. But Kojima wants serious drama, and to bring that they want a "real" actor.
Hayter says himself MGS is the only acting he does now, a “side thing".

That being said, his MGS1 performance was worthy of this level of drama imo. But they've changed focus to the western performance, when in the past they never gave a crap. Now japan is the Dubbed over game, that shows how serious they are.

I have been saying this. He wants Sutherland for his acting skills. Of course Sutherland isn’t the greatest actor ever, but compared to other people in the video game industry, he probably has the most talent and credentials to back that up.

A lot of people have saids this, but i don’t think it is true. Sutherland is too old, out of shape, and washed up to lead a franchise like metal gear to the big screen. This choice was specially to bring out the best emotions from Big Boss on to our television screens.

As much as I've gotten acclimated to Sutherland making the voice, I DO NOT Want him to play any role in a possible MGS movie, I'm not even sure I want an MGS movie :lol

As much as I've gotten acclimated to Sutherland making the voice, I DO NOT Want him to play any role in a possible MGS movie, I'm not even sure I want an MGS movie :lol

haha, I agree. If he was casted in a Metal Gear movie, I would know right away it is a low budget film.

Bale was rumored a while ago for the role yea i don't want it either.

I really loved "30 Days of Night" and that reminded me if MGS. Josh Hartnet would make a good (MGS1) Snake

Japan's limited edition gets a reversible cover and some other crap. This looks to be the 1st MGS to get a non-Shinkawa cover :(

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391212168.665787.jpg

Solid don’t know who I would get to play him

Big Boss - Hugh Jackman

Otacon - Cillian Murphy

Haven’t thought about the rest of the cast yet.

Guy Pearce sort of springs to mind for some odd reason :lol

I'd be fine with Kiefer playing Big Boss in a movie but like what people have said, it should be MGS1 that gets a film adaption.

Last edited:
Back