Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any place I can get hold of a standard Japanese edition of this in UK?

I've heard you can have English subs and would like to play it with the Japanese audio.

Thanks in advance.

I've heard you can have English subs and would like to play it with the Japanese audio.

Thanks in advance.

You can always import from Play-Asia if you want the standard Japanese release. As far as I know, Konami only distributes their games based on the specific regions for the releases. So, in other words, you won't find a Japanese version of Ground Zeroes for sale in the U.K, where the PAL version of GZ will be released (or in the U.S where the NTSC version will be available).

Oh man that sucks... I wonder how it looked like

Thanks in advance.

Only through online purchase, you have a ps3 or xbox? I think the ps3 version is region free, if you have a xbox then that won't be possible..

Huh, I wouldn't have thought filters would have effected performance that much.
I bet the last gen is what's holding them back

It would have made sense with the new screen burn effect when you get hurt in the game. As it burns like film

You can always import from Play-Asia if you want the standard Japanese release. As far as I know, Konami only distributes their games based on the specific regions for the releases. So, in other words, you won't find a Japanese version of Ground Zeroes for sale in the U.K, where the PAL version of GZ will be released (or in the U.S where the NTSC version will be available).

Thank you. :duff

Guess I will import from play Asia. :)

Only through online purchase, you have a ps3 or xbox? I think the ps3 version is region free, if you have a xbox then that won't be possible..

Thanks. I have a PS3 but this will be for the PS4. :)

@ SnakeEater

If you live in or near a major city in the UK then there are plenty of Game stores that import japanese games. For example G-Force

Damn it.
Suddenly $30 doesn't doesn't sound all that bad now (I buy every game digital from now on-PS4/Xbox1)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can guarantee you if I would have put up a link saying nothing but terrible things about this game, there would have been 50 replies already. 30 dollars for this isn’t bad at all from what we know. 40 might be too much. I frog one will get this game and play the hell out of it.

I can guarantee you if I would have put up a link saying nothing but terrible things about this game, there would have been 50 replies already.

That's how it works around here buddy :lol

Someone with a copy completed the game and all side missions said it took him 5 hours, and his overall completion was only 22%.

https://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/n...roes-has-more-content-beyond-short-story.html

Supposedly the ending is really shocking. Can’t wait to beat this game!

I knew it, these are good news, $30 now doesn't seem so bad now, still expensive, but not so bad.

I'm already sold on GZ. I could care less about speed runs. I don't do them when I play. I am excited to pick this one up. I am just trying to save up enough to grab this one and a PS4 at the same time.

Out of curiosity. How many of you feel that Portable Ops, Peace walker and even this game have a fraction of meaning or hype given the fact we know and watched how the main protagonist met his end in MGS4?

Im looking forward to the game, but its like. I have no investment in whats actually going to happen because the main guy we are meant to care about we already watched die. So theres no gravity to it. I feel like i will just be going through the motions.

Out of curiosity. How many of you feel that Portable Ops, Peace walker and even this game have a fraction of meaning or hype given the fact we know and watched how the main protagonist met his end in MGS4?

Im looking forward to the game, but its like. I have no investment in whats actually going to happen because the main guy we are meant to care about we already watched die. So theres no gravity to it. I feel like i will just be going through the motions.

PW and PO I felt were just excuses to make a psp Metal Gear game. Kind of like God of War Ascension, that game had a terrible campaign and barely any story, it was just tacked on pretty much so the devs can make a multiplayer GOW.

This however looks great in my opinion. If you don’t care about Big Boss then I guess I can understand not being as excited. Big Boss is my favorite character in the MGS universe so I am extremely excited to see his transformation into a “demon”. Doesn’t hurt that the graphics and the gameplay look like the best in the series.

Also there will probably be a lot of big twists and reveals that will be in store for us still. We don’t know how everything went down.

looks like this is cracking MGR’s game length, and thats a 60 dollar game :lol

Look at those tweets...

hA6981CAC

sounds good to me :drool

Back