Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And a eee-yyonn-gaaa to you too! Would you like to join the nAsian as well? Cuz I'm sure that will catch on and become a thing. :lol

UGHHHH!!! Too many of those on my college campus. It's strange how so many Korean kids are into it. I wish they'd comb their hair properly and pull up their damn pants :yuck

I love misdirection by Kojima, but MGSV is just pushing it too far. :lol

It makes me wonder what's next. Maybe, Otacon is a clone of Huey? Actually... that one has been around for a while :pow

Does anyone else think it's time for Kojima to go? I think he's basically diluted and muddled his creation WAY too much. Metal Gear doesn't make much sense to me anymore.

Does anyone else think it's time for Kojima to go? I think he's basically diluted and muddled his creation WAY too much. Metal Gear doesn't make much sense to me anymore.

No I dont think he needs to go away I think MGS needs to end. The remakes are all I really want personally and I would rather he continue Raidens story in a less over the top fashion or do something else entirely. The guy is good at making games MGS is just tapped out.

Hasn't the series's timeline, hell the series itself, technically been done since MGS4? :lol

Hasn't the series's timeline, hell the series itself, technically been done since MGS4? :lol

Thats what I mean. MGS4 was supposed to end the series and even if people thought it could have been done better it still didn't leave much room for anything else. If Kojima was going to give in to the $$$ he shouldn't have killed off Solid Snake. I liked BB better when I had to imagine what his transition from MGS3 To MG1 was.

Yeah I have to admit, being able to imagine what caused Big Boss to become evil gave this series something, along with basically interpreting some things like MGS2's ending.

MGS4 can only leave room for stuff like MGR. I started to Love Big Boss after listening to Wolf's final speech

Remakes and a few spin offs would be the way to go, MG/MG2 :love .... I'm dying for a ' Meal Gear Liquid ' and ' Metal Gear Solid: The Boss ' :drool Kojima should be an advisor of something else, there is no need for him to make MGS until he dies

MGS4 can only leave room for stuff like MGR. I started to Love Big Boss after listening to Wolf's final speech

Remakes and a few spin offs would be the way to go, MG/MG2 :love .... I'm dying for a ' Meal Gear Liquid ' and ' Metal Gear Solid: The Boss ' :drool Kojima should be an advisor of something else, there is no need for him to make MGS until he dies

Metal Gear Liquid just sounds great! The more Big Boss the better in my book. Heck even if they do remakes, I hope we can play as Big Boss in that game.

The series isn't making sense to a lot of us anymore. The story for MGS has been exhausted since MGS 4, and it feels like it's just painfully trudging along for the sake of staying relevant.

No I dont think he needs to go away I think MGS needs to end. The remakes are all I really want personally and I would rather he continue Raidens story in a less over the top fashion or do something else entirely. The guy is good at making games MGS is just tapped out.

Kojima's basically being forced to continue this series against his will. The lack of effective leadership at KojiPro has caused him to spearhead more MGS projects, and in addition, Konami just doesn't want to take risks on a new IP - when they can easily fall back on their MGS cash cow. Remember when Project Ogre was supposed to be Kojima's first big non-MGS game? Well, to no one's surprise, that eventually turned into MGS V. In addition, ZOE 3 was canceled so that KojiPro could dedicate more resources to MGS V.

It's funny how Kojima said in an interview that he doesn't want to be remember as "just the guy who makes MGS games". I'd like to see a new IP from him myself - mostly because I'm tired of MGS and I want it to end already. But, I don't know if that's even possible...

Metal Gear Liquid just sounds great! The more Big Boss the better in my book. Heck even if they do remakes, I hope we can play as Big Boss in that game.

45663-I-request-the-highest-of-fives-gorJ.gif

BUT I do think this should be the last MGS with Big Boss as main character, I mena his story is over after this, unless we talk about spin offs. After MGSV I'd like to see a game about the Boss or Liquid, in any case... I really doubt MGSV is the last

Last edited:
45663-I-request-the-highest-of-fives-gorJ.gif

BUT I do think this should be the last MGS with Big Boss as main character, I mena his story is over after this, unless we talk about spin offs. After MGSV I'd like to see a game about the Boss or Liquid, in any case... I really doubt MGSV is the last

Either one of those games would be great. I think this series should end when Kojima refuses to make anymore MGS games. I don’t think anyone else can make this series like he can.

Either one of those games would be great. I think this series should end when Kojima refuses to make anymore MGS games. I don’t think anyone else can make this series like he can.

I disagree. I think a lot of studios have been showing that with proper incentive, writers and creative talent behind it, any series can be handled as well, if not then better than the original creators.

Look at how Ninja Theory handled Devil May Cry with dMc. A lot of fans may cry foul about the remake/reboot, but it took a lot of the original story, refined and reshaped a few things and put out a fantastic product that was clean, concise and in the spirit of the original.

Konami's own Castlevania had become somewhat of a story mess as well and it was great they decided to start fresh and give Spanish developer MercurySteam a shot. Look at what has happened, there's reignited interest in Castlevania. Critics and fans both applauded how they created a fresh and new story while incorporating past characters and story ties. The whole Belmont-Dracula feud has NEVER been THIS personal in Castlevania.

I think this is the route to go with Metal Gear now. I think they should let the story by Kojima wind down and let the franchise "rest" and then bring about a new development team with talent to rewrite and take the decades of history behind Metal Gear into a concise and new storyline. You have characters you can build upon in new definitions and roles (like Lords of Shadow). Metal Gear (story-wise) now has become too inflated with its own mythology and background that it's perhaps better to start fresh to reignite the franchise.

Does he have any other way to go ? he ruined Solid Snake there is no more story to tell only with Bigboss.

@Bardoon ,That's true, I'm grateful that Kojima gave us a series of games that is still top notch and still one of the best around, BUT I definitely see studios like Naughty dog capable of doing just as good of an MGS game, or perhaps even better.

Back