Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not even gonna bother reading the last pages :lol

Just saw this new YONGAYEAHGASFSAKDLHSA video, it's the same but without comentary and I have to say, that's the 1st time I've seen the slowmo feature used in an awesome manner that truly speaks lengths of BigBoss as a lengendary soldier, taking out 4 enemies and a search light in the blink of an eye in front of everybody, it was truly badass, jump to 5:30 for that.

Oh, and the way he KO'd 2 guards afterwards was also bloody badass, I liked the little whispered "hands up" from Kiefer.

I'm going to geek out and say the game is going to be awesome :D

Last edited:
Good post, Gasp. I like how fluid the gameplay looks. And if I may add, thank God they kept the exclamation alert mark (I remember reading that Kojima wanted to remove it :slap).

I wonder if the Fulton Recovery Balloon is still around...

As for Kiefer's "hands-up", it sounds like he was sneezing.

Good post, Gasp. I like how fluid the gameplay looks. And if I may add, thank God they kept the exclamation alert mark (I remember reading that Kojima wanted to remove it :slap).

I wonder if the Fulton Recovery Balloon is still around...

You mean, thank Kojima?

Thanks, and thanks for the rep hermano :duff If there's one thing that I hate about YongYea are his introductions and that "Nasian" thing. :lol other than that, he's cool in my book.

Yeah, at least gameplay-wise, I can confidently say it's going to be a fun game.

I remember they hinted the possibility of no exclamation marks, good thing it's still there, doesn't take away from the realism imo, sad to see the boxes go though, but they really don't have a place in a more realistic approach, I hope they still keep them as easter eggs or something.

You mean, thank Kojima?

Thanks, and thanks for the rep hermano :duff If there's one thing that I hate about YongYea are his introductions and that "Nasian" thing. :lol other than that, he's cool in my book.

Yeah, at least gameplay-wise, I can confidently say it's going to be a fun game.

I remember they hinted the possibility of no exclamation marks, good thing it's still there, doesn't take away from the realism imo, sad to see the boxes go though, but they really don't have a place in a more realistic approach, I hope they still keep them as easter eggs or something.

More like, thank KojiPro, because they were the ones who persuaded him otherwise :lol :duff.

In addition to the lack of boxes, I also hate how rations are no longer around, too. But, at least it's good that you can turn off that futuristic tagging system.

I think GZ looks really fun, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it as much as I did the game-play for Peace Walker (Plis and I were actually playing it earlier today :lol). But, I'll wait for a price drop. If that doesn't happen (which I doubt), I'll buy it when a comprehensive package of MGS V gets released instead.

It'll be good when reviews for this thing finally start showing up.

Last edited:
I want this game when I get it bundled I won't buy it standalone. It does look awesome graphics wise. I'll be talking about tpp when that's at its release. When I play gz I won't say very much.

Wow. That 'hands up' was awful and perhaps the worst voice acting I've ever heard. Hopefully that was sped up or something, no clue how it sounds like that.

I'm not even gonna bother reading the last pages :lol

Just saw this new YONGAYEAHGASFSAKDLHSA video, it's the same but without comentary and I have to say, that's the 1st time I've seen the slowmo feature used in an awesome manner that truly speaks lengths of BigBoss as a lengendary soldier, taking out 4 enemies and a search light in the blink of an eye in front of everybody, it was truly badass, jump to 5:30 for that.

Oh, and the way he KO'd 2 guards afterwards was also bloody badass, I liked the little whispered "hands up" from Kiefer.

I'm going to geek out and say the game is going to be awesome :D

22532-Jennifer-Lawrence-YES-hunger-g-8jHz.gif

Thanks for posting that, I agree. I admit I'm not a fan of the bullet time thing but it kind of makes sense considering he is the best soldier of the world

Last edited:
Wow. That 'hands up' was awful and perhaps the worst voice acting I've ever heard. Hopefully that was sped up or something, no clue how it sounds like that.

I actually thought it sounded very good. At first I did think he sneezed though haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:dunno

I was hoping you can listen to the guards only if you are close enough

Y'know, like in real life! Or even in MGS2 with the D.Mic. That would have forced the player to take risks and different strategies. If he's Batman, then that would have made more sense. The guards so far away were clearly audible using the scope.

What's wrong with the "hands up"? It was perfect, subtle and whispered.

It's a bit superimposed with a high pitched "huh" from the guard, is that what you mean?

I think it was great. It fits perfectly with his motion of sneaking and staying quiet.

What's wrong with the "hands up"? It was perfect, subtle and whispered.

It's a bit superimposed with a high pitched "huh" from the guard, is that what you mean?

:exactly:

I just noticed that

Y'know, like in real life! Or even in MGS2 with the D.Mic. That would have forced the player to take risks and different strategies. If he's Batman, then that would have made more sense. The guards so far away were clearly audible using the scope.

I keep forgetting about that thing :lol I think I used it only once in MGS3

I'm gonna assume the little scope is a mic too....

Last edited:
I also noticed how he's carrying a bazooka on his back, does that mean we can no longer carry a gazillion guns? :lol that's what I'd expect.

I loved how max payne 3 handled the gun situation, just 2 guns at a time, nothing more.

$25 on the ps4 version? That price is just right imo.

If I wasn’t so impatient, I would order it. Instead I’m going to try and pick this up early at a mom and pop store near me. Hopefully I’ll have this game mid next week.

I can't believe they have removed the knocking on walls feature, that's a big shame, it's perfectly plausible in this game.

Call me negative about the game all you like, MGSV seems to have lost lots of defining features, replaced them with genre defining but no self/title defining features.

This is well and truly an all new Type of Metal Gear game being born here. Anybody who says it's staying true to the franchise so far is kidding themselves. They have changed just about every fundamental they can, while practically only keeping the fact it's got MGS as the title, The Main character is called Snakes and it's a stealth based game.

Not that it is a bad thing for Konami, or the type of fans that don't care about the series correlating with itself moving forward or what has already been made etc.
This is not me saying MGS will be a failed series now because of this, but it will split opinion of older fans (which it already has) who liked the series for all the things that are now seemingly being dropped. It's not the death of MGS, just the death of the Franchise as we know it.

If you can openly accept this game with no Ill thoughts towards what's it's lost to become what it is, more power to you, honestly.

To be honest, personally one of the most appealing parts of MGS was the suspense of belief and the fantasy elements. That's what set it aside from say splinter cell, which was sort of going for the more realistic approach. It had a very unique, even quirky identity that wasn't replicated in any other game which I think now, looking back is rather special. MGSV while looking visually stunning and the gameplay looks to be fine and a feature. It doesn't look like anything unique or that couldn't be another game, by making it more realistic and whatnot they've essentially made it vulnerable to being like other games, which has already been picked up on by some

It's not wrong to enjoy this game for what is going to be at all, but it isn't wrong to be disappointed for the end of what it once was.

Last edited:
Back