Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I don't like your tone.
My tone? Well toughies.

And no it wasn't my mistake, you replied to a comment of mine that wasn't even said to you regarding mantis.

My comment regarding the rehash of old characters stands fine in context of the comments between me and Pturtle.

It's your fault for not reading the context of the comments properly before gracing me with your opinion.

Wrong, I commented about the supernatural elements, you then immediately replied TO ME that it had rehashed characterS, not singular, but plural, then I explained about Volgin and Mantis, Pturtle didn't even have a comment on Mantis

I also said it doesn't look like a true MGS and have taken away a lot of the things that make it MGS, core or not.

There are plenty of others with the same thoughts as me so saying it's baseless is rubbish. Baseless to you maybe
Well I disagree to that, only but a handful of things have been removed, what stayed is easily most of what makes it MGS.

Well, for one thing, Project Ogre was going to be the first game to demonstrate the capabilities of the FOX Engine - in addition to being open world and featuring "taboo" elements that Kojima feared would eventually put him into trouble with Japanese censors. All three of these elements have now been incorporated into MGS V (plus, remember when reports came out of how gruesome and disturbing the ending of GZ is?).

Of course, Project Ogre was never released, so we can't make a full side-by-side comparison on all of the features from it that were transposed to MGS V. However, based on what I've seen so far, it does seem like MGS V is just a result of Kojima's failed IP that he couldn't get off from development.

Kojima never explicitly mentioned the word "reboot", but when he addressed the change of voice actors in this quote, you can certainly see that MGS V is meant to be like a recreation (or in short, "reboot") of the series:

"I can say, yes, it will be a new person. I can't say who it is yet. What we're trying to accomplish here is recreate the Metal Gear series. It's a new type of Metal Gear game, and we want to have this reflected in the voice actor as well."

https://www.psu.com/a018927/Hideo-Kojima-explains-why-David-Hayter-is-not-in-Metal-Gear-Solid-V

Yeah but for all we know PO could have been MGSV all along.

Yeah, I don't deny that the series has taken a new path, yet the word reboot has a distinct connotation, or rather the motive behind calling it that, trying to strip MGSV from it's very clear MGS blood, which I disagree to.

BTW!

How do we know Project Ogre was actually going to be a game ? wasn't it part of Kojima's misleading campaign before the great reveal ? seriously asking

Yup, thats what he just recently said in the interview I posted yesterday. He said an “Ogre” of some kind will make an appearance in MGSV. Pretty sure it was always Metal Gear Solid 5.

BTW!

How do we know Project Ogre was actually going to be a game ? wasn't it part of Kojima's misleading campaign before the great reveal ? seriously asking... its kind of hard to trust anything Kojima says :lol

His 1st statements were that it wasn't MGSV, then later on he said it wasn't MGS GZ but it was MGS TPP :lol

Yup, thats what he just recently said in the interview I posted yesterday. He said an “Ogre” of some kind will make an appearance in MGSV. Pretty sure it was always Metal Gear Solid 5.

For all we know the Ogre could be Big Boss himself turning into a demon at the end of TPP.

That would explain why he said PO wasn't GZ but it was TPP.

For all we know the Ogre could be Big Boss himself turning into a demon at the end of TPP.

That would explain why he said PO wasn't GZ but it was TPP.

I see...

tumblr_inline_mtmqudhgW01qjxfzm.gif

I'm not surprised, btw I'm too curious about GZ its been a while since I bought a game so I may end up buying it a few days after launch :lol I'm like that... I just buy stuff

Yeah but for all we know PO could have been MGSV all along.

Yeah, I don't deny that the series has taken a new path, yet the word reboot has a distinct connotation, or rather the motive behind calling it that, trying to strip MGSV from it's very clear MGS blood, which I disagree to.

There's very little of MGS V that I can identity with as being "Metal Gear Solid". On the surface, it does look like something I'm familar with. But, considering the booting of Hayter, exclusion of some game-play mechanics, and the all of the change in direction of overall tone (eg. weird stripper cosplay, and dark themes), it seems like some other type of game. That's why I was so happy that the "exclamation" marks weren't gotten rid of like everything else :lol.

Let me put it this way, I'm looking at all of the game-play and announcement trailers for Ground Zeroes, and all I see is something analogous to a weird "Titan" monster from Arkham Asylum that tries to be like Bane, but ends up being something horribly freaky and terrifying.

Of course, I may be wrong, and maybe there's MGS hidden away somewhere inside of this.

I'll be getting it for my good old 360 it almost feels like a vintage console now, beautiful and old, like a Mosin Nagant :lol

I'll get the PS4 some time this year I want to play TPP and AK as soon as they launch

I never taken you for a 360 guy :lol

Yea, the PS4 is pretty much game less right now. I would get it around october for AK.

The movie section?.. I feel for you guys, you must have seen some stuff.. :lol I've been in the other sections for a while and I think I'm still the same, more or less

I never taken you as 360 guy :lol

Yea, the PS4 is pretty much game less right now. I would get it around october for AK.

I've always been a playstation fan, but then I betrayed sony and joined microsoft :lol I felt like Ocelot

tumblr_m2o54sSOsS1ql3a4xo1_r1_500.gif

Last edited:
Back