MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing that drives me nuts is my FedEx driver won't leave anything… ever. Even if there's no signature required and it's something that cast $2. Which is often the case since I'll order things like deodorant and soap from Amazon since I have Prime.

I have left a note on the door that it's okay to leave it. I need to actually talk to him face to face and see if I can tell him to or sign something that way. I just moved recently and at my old place the driver would leave stuff unless a signature was needed. My old driver also kinda looked like Jackie Earle Haley.

Personally, I would not want the driver to leave this bad boy at the door. Can't imagine coming home and seeing it not there, after reading it was left. That would be a bad feeling.

Such a masterpiece!

39.jpg

36.jpg

35.jpg

41.jpg

So just how much Obi is in that body? I'm assuming just a torso, but is it obvious that he doesn't have arms and legs in person or are those areas consealed enough to not make it obvious?

So just how much Obi is in that body? I'm assuming just a torso, but is it obvious that he doesn't have arms and legs in person or are those areas consealed enough to not make it obvious?

Hey mate, i tried to cover this in my vid review...its not 100% in scale seeing it on photos, but hot toys did their best I suppose. Obi in there is only a torso with unarticulated shoulders and a nice tailored shirt on. That's all. If you look at it in person its not obvious at all that something could be out of scale. But seeing it on photos you might think of it being smaller and not in the correct scale.

Personally I think it isnt obvious in hand, but hardcore 1/6 collectors might dissagreee....

Personally, I would not want the driver to leave this bad boy at the door. Can't imagine coming home and seeing it not there, after reading it was left. That would be a bad feeling.

I agree. I'd rather sign for it or I'll pick it up at the delivery station myself.

Such a masterpiece!

39.jpg

36.jpg

35.jpg

41.jpg

Wonderful photography again Xeno!!! :clap:clap:clap

Hey mate, i tried to cover this in my vid review...its not 100% in scale seeing it on photos, but hot toys did their best I suppose. Obi in there is only a torso with unarticulated shoulders and a nice tailored shirt on. That's all. If you look at it in person its not obvious at all that something could be out of scale. But seeing it on photos you might think of it being smaller and not in the correct scale.

Personally I think it isnt obvious in hand, but hardcore 1/6 collectors might dissagreee....

Great pics xeno! I agree on the size of the figure. I think HT made ithe size as big as they could. As with large "plastic" items. I think manufacting cost was a factor. If were truly to scale it would be awesome,but would cost a lot more money. The trade off is pretty good!

Amazing pics as always Xeno and now I want mine to arrive even more :(. In regards to the scale being off...personally I think it looks right at the point where it can look right or just off by a very small amount. I think you really have to look it over closely to notice but I would imagine that maybe it needed another 1/4-1/2 inch more to look just right. I have to see it in person to know for sure but meh...its close enough to where it does not look weird IMO of course. Personally I think its by far one of the best figures to date...seems HT just keeps putting out master piece after master piece. First the samurai predator now this beauty. Wallet = hurt in the near future.

I don't think it's out of scale, the suit is just impossible. There's not enough room in the suit in the movie for the human body to fit entirely inside the Iron Monger torso and likewise the arms and legs would break the human's arms and legs if they where inside them.

Image%202012.11.18%207:50:34%20PM.png

I'm wondering why it isn't listed as in stock on their website yet.

Yeah I've noticed that with some other items...weird. Called in and verified they had him in and paid my final flex payment early. They also have their second shipment of tdkr DX 12 in

Yeah I've noticed that with some other items...weird. Called in and verified they had him in and paid my final flex payment early. They also have their second shipment of tdkr DX 12 in

It's strange lately. He wasnt even supposed to start charging till the 20th. Got emails for this and other stuff recently saying that got small partial shipments in and first come ( via email) first served for early delivery. It's like with all the split shipments Hot Toys cannot fill a shipping container so they just send whatever else they have ready to fill up the container and it's just a surprise for SSC when they get what they get. Gotta be an accounting pain in the arse....

I don't think it's out of scale, the suit is just impossible. There's not enough room in the suit in the movie for the human body to fit entirely inside the Iron Monger torso and likewise the arms and legs would break the human's arms and legs if they where inside them.

Image%202012.11.18%207:50:34%20PM.png

Bingo :exactly:

We can debate the scale all we want (and since Monger's apparent size is a little "flexible" in the movie, we can all pretty much claim to be right).

Going by whether a whole 1/6 figure would fit proves zip, since as Dedguy pointed out, the movie used Monger suit wouldn't fit a full human who wasn't a double amputee either. Sometimes cool movie stuff is just cool movie stuff, and reality needs to step aside ;)

U-Bolts Sallah!! It's how I fit Avatar Jake Sully in there. ;)

I have yet to try those... but with Hulk and Monger coming, I guess I need to snag some. ;)

I put up some extra shelves in my Brother's Detolf. He mainly collects 6" Superman figures, so half the height of his shelves were going to waste. I picked up some packs of those u-bolts from a local hardware store. They clamp onto the Detolf frame(And whatever height you need them to), and you just need to get a local glazing company to cut you some extra shelves. If you only normally display 12" HT figures(And don't mind their heads "grazing" the shelf above), you can actually squeeze another shelf into a Detolf by using u-bolts to move them all up slightly...

Back