MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the topic of batteries, and generally, do you leave the batteries in your figures or remove them? I don't display my figures with the lights on, but the Monger looks incredible lit-up.
Right now we're kinda waiting for conditions to be right to move to a new place, so unfortunately, everything that comes in just gets inspected and re-boxed. That being the case, I remove the batteries from everything, put them in a ziplock and stash them in the box somewhere so I know what I'll need to buy when I unbox. If I were actually displaying them, I'd keep the batteries in, for sure. Iron Monger especially looks great with the lights.

Yeah I know what you mean but even with IM3 still down the line, it's also because this figure cost about $500 alone. :monkey1
Yeah, it is brutal. Only way I could justify it is that my Iron Man collecting is going to be very limited (Iron Man Mk IV, MILK War Machine & Iron Monger -- only need a Mk IV now for it to be complete) and I actually cut stuff out from other licenses that I wanted (Snowtrooper and E.Webb cannon).

Got my new friend last night!

549407_10152536656945198_1014631113_n.jpg

820642_10152536659780198_1766991519_o.jpg

Serious contender for best figure in my collection. I cannot get over how awesome this thing is.

Call me a newb, but if I get this guy and want to display him in my detolf case I'll have to have him on the top or modify the shelves somehow right?

Call me a newb, but if I get this guy and want to display him in my detolf case I'll have to have him on the top or modify the shelves somehow right?

That's correct Mike.
One member here used zip-ties (I believe) to create shelf holders. This way, he was able to position the shelf at any level/height he needed and not have to resort to the predetermined slots of the Detolf.

Newb :wave

For the love of **** don't use zip ties on your detolf shelves!

You need 6mm or 7mm wire rope clips
021-1_zps5e276ac8.jpg

They'll allow you to stagger your shelves to fit Iron Monger
025-1_zps0f3581c0.jpg

Newb :wave

For the love of **** don't use zip ties on your detolf shelves!

You need 6mm or 7mm wire rope clips
021-1_zps5e276ac8.jpg

They'll allow you to stagger your shelves to fit Iron Monger
025-1_zps0f3581c0.jpg

When you get a chance you could take a shot of the rope clips in use? I'd like to see how you placed them.

Damn, I should really stay away from this thread. Every time I come back, it makes me want to place an order for him.

Can anyone suggest the best place to order this monster? I was thinking about just throwing him on Flexpay. Might take a while but I rather pay $100 a month than $500 one time.

Damn, I should really stay away from this thread. Every time I come back, it makes me want to place an order for him.

Can anyone suggest the best place to order this monster? I was thinking about just throwing him on Flexpay. Might take a while but I rather pay $100 a month than $500 one time.

If you really want him that is a great option, and I say go for it.

My cursor is hovering over the place order..

What to do. I just ordered Mark VII and bought Mark 2 off of someone 5 hours ago. These were my very first HT purchase and now I'm about to place a payment on this monster.

This hobby is evil!

What do other people think? Should I place the order? I know this bad boy will go up in price on the future. :( but argh my wallet! Least they have flex pay

Back