MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys anticipate this piece to be insanely expensive once its completely sold out? Or do you think the price will be somewhat over retail because it's already high priced to begin with?

A huge piece like this one? Honestly I can only see the prices going up.

It always happens. Right after IM3 comes there will be a demand for this, then prices go up. Once Avengers 2 come out, another demand, by them it will be sold out and the price will sky rock it. All thanks to the late comers, like I was, when I missed out on all the first releases all the way up to the Mech Test Tony.

If people want it, they will pay for it. There are Mech Test figures selling for $600 bucks out there.

Got a crushed mrk3 helmet off ebay. Nice little piece for the moneu. Needs a repaint but it's still better than paying for HT's at inflated prices.

If it ever go up likely HT will release ver 2.0 or BD or wif crushed IM helmet to irritate us

Once bbts and sideshow sell out, then maybe it will go up in value...iive never seen this hobby for profit. Its my own art

So I finally got mine today. What a nice toy, man. I was so afraid to mess around with it but the truth is that this is pretty sturdy. Really nice on display, awesome size... I can safely say this is one of my favorite Hot Toys to date. This thing looks great with it's lights on, so much so I wish this could be plugged to an AC so the lights could stay on constantly.

I can hardly believe I have it in hands after all those years of hoping for one in these forums.

Mine arrived yesterday, but today was the first opportunity I had to unpackage it and totally agreed (AC option would also be great). For me, the best Hot Toys can do for the foreseeable future is just equal how amazing this figure is.

Someone was asking a while back if it's routine to get figs with dead batteries from HT and I can say that this was the case with mine (left arm). Luckily, it was just the batteries and not a wiring issue or whatnot.

Where did you order it? I really want this bad boy but it's hard when knowing that they're going to release the IM3 line in 2 months or so. :gah:
I ordered mine from BBTS (to Canada, shipping was $60.00 and duty another $35.00). I just checked their stock and they have 125 available (if you don't know already, just add IM to your cart and update your cart to 1000 Iron Mongers and it'll advise how many are actually available), so I'd monitor the site until you're no longer comfortable with what's available and then order.

Also, personally, I'd put this purchase ahead of anything that's upcoming from IM3. Considering they haven't announced anything, you're going to have lots of time before the pre-order comes up - let alone actually having to pay out. To be honest, I felt a little sick ordering this fig considering the price, but in hand, it's worth it and justifies the outlay. If I were a little wealthier, I'd get a second one just to keep MIB. It's really that good, so pick it up if you're able and worry about IM3 stuff later!

Mine arrived yesterday, but today was the first opportunity I had to unpackage it and totally agreed (AC option would also be great). For me, the best Hot Toys can do for the foreseeable future is just equal how amazing this figure is.

Someone was asking a while back if it's routine to get figs with dead batteries from HT and I can say that this was the case with mine (left arm). Luckily, it was just the batteries and not a wiring issue or whatnot.

Thank goodness for that.
Having to deal with returns is never fun. :(

Thanks, Centurion. Definitely made me feel bad for the guy that posted earlier that he got a bum arm. Would suck to pack this figure back up for return.

Thanks, Centurion. Definitely made me feel bad for the guy that posted earlier that he got a bum arm. Would suck to pack this figure back up for return.

No doubt. Plus, there's the excitement of unboxing a figure that you've been anticipating for a long time, only to be disappointed due to poor quality control. :(

On the topic of batteries, and generally, do you leave the batteries in your figures or remove them? I don't display my figures with the lights on, but the Monger looks incredible lit-up.

I ordered mine from BBTS (to Canada, shipping was $60.00 and duty another $35.00). I just checked their stock and they have 125 available (if you don't know already, just add IM to your cart and update your cart to 1000 Iron Mongers and it'll advise how many are actually available), so I'd monitor the site until you're no longer comfortable with what's available and then order.

Also, personally, I'd put this purchase ahead of anything that's upcoming from IM3. Considering they haven't announced anything, you're going to have lots of time before the pre-order comes up - let alone actually having to pay out. To be honest, I felt a little sick ordering this fig considering the price, but in hand, it's worth it and justifies the outlay. If I were a little wealthier, I'd get a second one just to keep MIB. It's really that good, so pick it up if you're able and worry about IM3 stuff later!
Yeah I know what you mean but even with IM3 still down the line, it's also because this figure cost about $500 alone. :monkey1

Back