MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i never really noticed this black toothpaste cap on his forearm. it kinda stands out...

315677_10150296278357344_58690437343_8168820_1686888152_n.jpg

but, since i never noticed it, its not exaclty an eyesore.

this is me trying to find reasons to delay the inevitable purchase.

This figure is friggin' amazing. I wonder if the price point is an indicator for what we can expect to pay for the hulk if/when he gets released.

Assuming Hulk announcement is imminent (6 - 9 mos away). HT base prices keep increasing every few months, Hulk would easily be reaching $550 by the time it was announced (using IM as a base).

It is difficult to match prices with past releases anymore......

have they confirmed they're doing the Hulk, or is this just wishful thinking?

I've actually never bought from either of those sources; Do they have a 'flexpay' type option?

Whats good about the flex pay option? You pay upfront for the item quicker, at least paying in full you pay at the last possible moment, retaining your money for longer and generating for interest. I can't see a goog reason to ever use the flexi pay unless people can't save up because money burns holes in their pockets.

Assuming Hulk announcement is imminent (6 - 9 mos away). HT base prices keep increasing every few months, Hulk would easily be reaching $550 by the time it was announced (using IM as a base).

It is difficult to match prices with past releases anymore......

Yeah that's a good point. $550 - $600 is a good guesstimate.

I can't see the HT Hulk being over $500 that's if they even make one. How would that look if SSC releases the Hulk Movie PF next year? The PF would be less then $450 pending it's a 1:4 scale.

I can see the Hulk being cheaper just because he would be vastly less complicated. The blue cat dude from Avatar is $314.99 though and while about the same height as the Hulk would be also has way way less mass.

::shrug:: who knows. All I do know is that while it's hard for me to spend the money on Iron Monger I'd easily pay more for Robocop 2.

Whats good about the flex pay option? You pay upfront for the item quicker, at least paying in full you pay at the last possible moment, retaining your money for longer and generating for interest. I can't see a goog reason to ever use the flexi pay unless people can't save up because money burns holes in their pockets.

That's a basic flaw with flex pay.

I can understand if the installments came AFTER the item arrives. That way you are making payments on it before it ships to YOU. Using Flex Pay, getting charged small amounts BEFORE everyone else makes little sense. If you are going to commit to the item enough to pay a small NRD and a cancellation fee, then why not just buy through a retailer for cheaper and save the money yourself? Some people can't save I guess.

As a contrasting example, eFX Collectibles takes a bigger deposit up front but the installment payments happen after the item arrives.

Last edited:
Lejuan and Cr

no offense meant.

clash with brothers with the same love for the hobby is inevitable in this boards, i am learning.:peace

anyway, this figure is making me salivate on the possibility and the feasibility of a hulkbuster armor (movie rumor?) and, well, HULK (please please).

Nope. Time to rewatch "Iron Man", cr. Iron Monger is the Mark I on steroids. The Mark I was the template that Stain had to work with to create his mech, and since the Mark I was fashioned by an imprisoned Tony Stark in a cave in Afghanistan, there's a reason it looks crude and unrefined (it is also a direct nod to the original Iron man suit from the comics). The Iron Monger suit is meant to emphasize the brutality and lack of creativity of Obidiah; he lives in the shadow of Stark's genius. Iron Monger has the subtlety of a car crushing monster truck - and that's done intentionally by the movie makers. It is not sleek or elegant, nor is it meant to be. It is the embodiment of brute force, and as such is a great counterpoint to the wisecracking brilliance of Stark's super-sleek Iron Man. it is a WONDERFUL figure...

:exactly: :goodpost:

never said mark 1. but mark 1 and monger are both earlier drafts of mark 2 (and 3), obviously. the mark 2 aesthetics are evident in monger.

You really need to watch Iron Man 1 again. Neither the Mark I or Iron Monger have anything to do with the Mark II. Well, not in that the Mark II influenced them but they influenced the Mark II.

I can't see the HT Hulk being over $500 that's if they even make one. How would that look if SSC releases the Hulk Movie PF next year? The PF would be less then $450 pending it's a 1:4 scale.

Nah, The Hulk is more likely to be in the price range that Jake Sully was than Iron Monger.

Yeah Iron Monger is to the Mark I what War Machine is to the Mark II. Although in War Machine's case, it was built over the Mark II.

So my display, if I got Iron Monger would look like:

Mark I - Iron Monger - Mark II - War Machine - Mark III - Mark IV - Mark V - Mark VI

Currently my display looks like that but without Iron Monger obviously.

Nah, The Hulk is more likely to be in the price range that Jake Sully was than Iron Monger.
I agree - UNLESS HT invents a really innovative new type of rubber skin covering,
which is designed to work together with a great interior armature to allow a high degree of articulation,
while avoiding as many visible joints as possible.
Consider: The Black Widow has free-floating plastic inserts under the skin of her boobs.
If they did something like that with some of the Hulk's muscle groups,
it might produce a really interesting and realistic effect when changing poses.
I think THAT would be the ultimate HT Hulk.

*and now we return to our scheduled mongering*

Last edited:
If Hulk is rubber. And he is huge. Eventually the rubber will vanish and he will turn into Banner!

Back