MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've separated hype from need and realised I just don't need this figure in my collection. It has presence and a 'wow' factor, and that alone is almost good enough for me - but ultimately I'm not a massive Iron Man fan; Iron Monger is an ok, not great, villain; and the suit design is ok, not great. Is this figure worth three other figures to me? Naaaaaaah.

^^
I've been wanting this since it was a HT Pipedream & I'm getting this. I always thought the price was going to be around the $500 mark so there was no suprise there for me. Fortunately, there's only a couple of figures I want to add to my PO list which ar'nt available yet, the Green Lantern & Spiderman (Black) & hopefully the Batmobile which I know isn't going to be cheap either.

I've separated hype from need and realised I just don't need this figure in my collection. It has presence and a 'wow' factor, and that alone is almost good enough for me - but ultimately I'm not a massive Iron Man fan; Iron Monger is an ok, not great, villain; and the suit design is ok, not great. Is this figure worth three other figures to me? Naaaaaaah.

That's the thought I finally succumbed to :) I am more of an Iron Man fan rather than of his foes. If the price was more bearable for my wallet, I could've have gone for this. May sound stupid to few but for the Gantry, I might take the leap as that is a nice dio for the Mark IV and am sure will look good displayed.

A few UK places now have him up for pre-order. ATM the cheapest I can see (don't know all the shops) is at Forbiddenplanet.co.uk at £340 + £2.50 shipping. A little cheaper than my preferred OSB,Play .

Never used them before, are they a good company ?. Any issues I should expect.

does anyone know what the numbers are on the larger pieces? or does it neccessarily make a difference

for some reason i can't help thinking that there be won't as many of this figure produced than, say, Iron man VI for instance

if that's the case then i really can see this being a ridiculous price on the aftermarket

Funny, I called that one pretty well. I could tell that you were enticed by the "wow" factor, but when you said you were sitting on the fence, well...$400+ is a lot of cabbage for something you don't absolutely love. I enjoy the hell out of the Iron Man movies, even though IM was previously not one of my fave Marvel characters (sucker for X-Men and Spidey) - RDJ's charm brought me around to the appeal of this character. Iron Monger/Stain was far and away the best villain of these two movies. And the figure is like...I dunno, gives me shivers like the HT '89 Burton Batmobile.

I have been dreaming about this since the BD Mark III. I can't wait to put the crushed helmet in Monger's clenched fist!

Funny, I called that one pretty well. I could tell that you were enticed by the "wow" factor, but when you said you were sitting on the fence, well...$400+ is a lot of cabbage for something you don't absolutely love. I enjoy the hell out of the Iron Man movies, even though IM was previously not one of my fave Marvel characters (sucker for X-Men and Spidey) - RDJ's charm brought me around to the appeal of this character. Iron Monger/Stain was far and away the best villain of these two movies. And the figure is like...I dunno, gives me shivers like the HT '89 Burton Batmobile.

I think it's way too much specially if you compare it to the 1/4 Scale EB T800 that comes with metal guns, real leather shoe and clothing and an amazing likeness (damn, it even comes with folding sunglasses). While this piece is great, I don't think it's worth the full asking price. Now,with all that being said, I'm still getting it. I loved the movie. Iron Man is one of my all time favorite movies... I can watch it everyday! Having this would be like having a living representation of the character and the movie at home so I'm going for it. Besides, it's better to buy it now and perhaps regret it in the future than live with buyers regret.

Actually if you ask me, if you compare it to the 1/4 Enterbay T800, it makes sense. They're about the same size and the Monger is a fair bit more complex in both design and execution. So it's a bit more expensive.

Actually if you ask me, if you compare it to the 1/4 Enterbay T800, it makes sense. They're about the same size and the Monger is a fair bit more complex in both design and execution. So it's a bit more expensive.

You beat me to it. :lecture:goodpost:

I can't wait to put the crushed helmet in Monger's clenched fist!

Not to mention having the both of them posed near or on the Mark III BD base.

Between Iron Monger, BD Mark III Iron Man, the crushed helmet/mask and the base there's tons of scene accuracy to be had here.

…or a better solution, better pre-order it now from a place that doesn't have cancellation fees and be able to cancel it later than have to scramble to find some place to order it from when it's already out or close to coming out soon.

Back