1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. I picked up a second Zod yesterday. Great looking figure. Really want to try a non-armored version.

Well, I found a cheap Zod! Can't wait to receive it and see it in person and join the Zod Group... ;)

He's an awesome figure! So awesome and meancing that the only figure in your collection that looks like it'd be able to take him would be MoS Supes.

Thanks guys! :duff

It's shipped out although the tracking number isn't working yet.

Is it possible to fit Zod and Supes in the same Detolf shelf utilizing their huge bases? Maybe angling them towards the middle of the shelf?

If so, does anyone have a pic of their setup? Thanks again!

I've done the same but Superman looks amazing standing on the dynamic base on his own. I'm running out of shelf space on the detolfs so was hoping I could fit them both in. If not, looks like another trip to Ikea...

I'm not sure either. Zod I left on the dynamic glyph base, but my Supes and Jor-El I put on the standard U-cradle stands.

If I can help it, I'm generally not a fan of C-clamp stands as I fear that over time it will leave a ring around the figure and while he would look great standing on his own on the base, I also don't like having the figures free standing. I live in Southern Cali, so the slightest little tremor may knock them off balance and fall over.

I wish there was a chance of them adding a figure to the line, like they do with MCU figs all the time... But that ship has long since sailed. Faora is my most wanted figure

I'm not sure either. Zod I left on the dynamic glyph base, but my Supes and Jor-El I put on the standard U-cradle stands.

If I can help it, I'm generally not a fan of C-clamp stands as I fear that over time it will leave a ring around the figure and while he would look great standing on his own on the base, I also don't like having the figures free standing. I live in Southern Cali, so the slightest little tremor may knock them off balance and fall over.

I agree. The c-clamp had me worried as well. I've got Supes free-standing on the big base but as you said, any slight bump to the case and he's nosing over or tipping backwards.

Is it a forum faux-pas to post 3 times in a row?... :dunno

I was able to snag General Zod for a great deal on Ebay and he arrived today!

First thing I noticed was the weight of the figure box. This guy is unexpectedly heavy!

This figure is big. Between the bigger MOS body and the added armor, it's just huge.

zod 1.JPG

Only faults were not of the design itself but that two of the latches for the waist armor arrived broken, so it flares out a little to the side. I think the previous owner tried to remove the armor and just tore it. I was able to tuck it back in and it doesn't look bad but will try to super-glue it tighter, if possible.

zod 3.jpg

Aside from the damage, it is an excellent figure and would have made a fantastic display with Faora...

I know that I'll be switching out the Zod head and the helmet from time to time, as both look amazing.

Attachments

• zod 2.JPG
    zod 2.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 291
Congrats on the pick up. The armor should be an easy fix. Zod is a great looking figure. And I agree - size and weight are nice. He is a really big figure, good articulation and super detailed - really like the armor and engineering to work with all the joints. I ended up with two (scored a cheap auction as well) and have both looks going. Great figure.

Congrats also on the pick-up. The armor should be an easy fix indeed, as mentioned. There are several components on it though that seem like it can easily tear or rip.

And he is a quite a large figure. The entire MoS line are pretty big figures though.

Thanks guys.

I now know why I got such a good deal on it. But I was able to tuck it in, somewhat, and it doesn't look too bad.

By the way, I tried to display both Zod and Supes on the same detolf shelf and no dice with those big bases. But I like the bases so much that they each got their own shelf.

I love the idea of a logo base, but they're just too big. A stand half that size in the shape of the shields would be fantastic. I'd love if HT started making character specific stands, a round one with Cap's shield on it for Cap, etc.

I like the flight stands ok but I do like the diorama-ish bases...like evil Supes, Classic Pred, X3 Wolverine, Panzer Cop. I really wish that Zod had a rubble/twisted girder base included.

Back