1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The diecast is tremendous- I'll never want another armored-style figure without diecast. I have War Machine Mark II and it is next to my MKII UA and I can't even think about going back to the regular plastic now.

The diecast is tremendous- I'll never want another armored-style figure without diecast. I have War Machine Mark II and it is next to my MKII UA and I can't even think about going back to the regular plastic now.

Your right the diecast has a much nicer feel to it and unlike the naysayers I don't see it chipping anytime soon either. I cant wait
for the diecast mk42 and Robocop now :drool

While this isn't my favorite suit ever, my love of die cast has not lessened any over the past few months, still loving WM II, would actually love some news on them revisiting some of the past suits in cast, but I'm really thinking of picking this up in the meantime.

While this isn't my favorite suit ever, my love of die cast has not lessened any over the past few months, still loving WM II, would actually love some news on them revisiting some of the past suits in cast, but I'm really thinking of picking this up in the meantime.

The diecast line might be more limited than normal HT figures, don't wait too long man.

I read recently that they stated the only version they might go back and revisit in Die Cast was the Mark III

Well then we should be extra happy with the few we get :lol

Even if they were to switch everything to diecast, even batman, I don't mind.

What I'm getting at is that diecast has been around forever, I just don't get why it costs more. It's not a very expensive material to begin with.

Regardless of your position towards it, it's all about price to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if they were to switch everything to diecast, even batman, I don't mind.

What I'm getting at is that diecast has been around forever, I just don't get why it costs more. It's not a very expensive material to begin with.

Regardless of your position towards it, it's all about price to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the price raise is due to the molds, diecast being metal is obviously different to plastic and when the diecast settles, it is more likely to damage the mold being a more rigorous material. Each time they cast, it wears down the mold.So whenever they find a piece not molded correctly they gotta change it.

The same process happens with plastic but it is to a less extreme. You can cast more per mold with plastic as opposed to diecast.

Back