1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ BEAUTIFUL :clap
I do wish HT would cut it out with the weathering though, this suit was mostly brand new in AoU, if i need it to look damaged/weathered some just give us bd parts.

I agree, regardless if there is a reason or not for it to be weathered, I think this suit would look far better pristine and unweathered rather than scuffed up.

I want this but... sheesh man. So many Iron Man releases are owned.

MKII UA, MKIII Diecast, MKVII Stealth, MK42, MK43, IM2 War Machine Diecast, War Machine MKII DC, Iron Whiplash, Iron Patriot, Hulbuster, this one and whatever Civil War comes out with (except that War Machine and his trusty... bat? Ugh).

This is the gift that keeps on giving but really the only TRULY unique releases are War Machine MKI, Iron Patriot and MK42.

I want this but... sheesh man. So many Iron Man releases are owned.

MKII UA, MKIII Diecast, MKVII Stealth, MK42, MK43, IM2 War Machine Diecast, War Machine MKII DC, Iron Whiplash, Iron Patriot, Hulbuster, this one and whatever Civil War comes out with (except that War Machine and his trusty... bat? Ugh).

This is the gift that keeps on giving but really the only TRULY unique releases are War Machine MKI, Iron Patriot and MK42.

What do you mean by truly unique because Hulkbuster and Whiplash MK II from that list would count as unique as in, they don't have duplicate armors or re colors.

I agree, regardless if there is a reason or not for it to be weathered, I think this suit would look far better pristine and unweathered rather than scuffed up.

I dislike weathering and BD a lot, personally. To me it's the same as buying jeans with holes in it already. Don't like it. Lol

But it was the collector community that caused this. They used to do clean armors all the time. Weathering an armor costs extra. But becuase the amount of returns for what is often a 1/100th of an inch spot (stuff like that) and replacement part requests they had to do weathering of some sort on almost every armor. It's has cut the returns and replacement requests by a huge amount.

I think the final weathering will always be less than what's on the prototype, right?

Striker looks like he has about the same amount as the proto/promo pictures but I think it fits the suit.

Igor ended up with less weathering than originally shown.

The weathering on some of the non BD figures has been getting somewhat more intense with scratches and scorch marks making their way to even the faceplate.

The Mark IV has little nicks and scuffs here and there but nothing too too obvious.

Last edited:
10391498_1019468351450814_247357817903982897_n.jpg

:thud: So beautiful :love

Back