1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just you

2YE6SBg.jpg

going loosely by the palms of the hands it seem like the arms dont come down as far

View attachment 266706

going loosely by the palms of the hands it seem like the arms dont come down as far

Damn, thanks for that reference photo, thats exactly what I was seeing as off. maybe someone can post pics about the range of the up/down of the arms at the figs sides

The plate's from Loomis (Figure Drawing For All It's Worth), it's pretty dead-on. One of those things, you're so used to seeing human proportions in the world around you that certain deviations will set you off subconsciously.

Looking at the pic you posted, I think people are setting the shoulders too high. It looks like they should fall into line with the chest armour to be correct, not raised up above it.

The arm length is exactly the same as the photo you posted from the film. And using precise human anatomy is missing the fact, that it's not supposed to be human. It's a guy in a metal suit. If Starks arms come down to where they are in the diagram, and not everyone's do, then when you place him in a metal suit with inches of material under his arm pit chances are they won't come down to the same point. Think about it. Stand up and stretch your arms out and see where they come to. Then place a folded up full bathroom towel or phone book under your arm pit and see if it's the same. Probably not. Take the photo of the figure and draw a line from th spot where it is on the diagram and your see it's nearly the same on the wrist. Maybe a wee bit shorter, and given th arms not fully straight and it's not actually a human seems pretty accurate(and the fact it matches th source material)

Seems pretty close to the "ideal" human even though it's not human

image.jpeg

Last edited:
The arm length is exactly the same as the photo you posted from the film. And using precise human anatomy is missing the fact, that it's not supposed to be human. It's a guy in a metal suit. If Starks arms come down to where they are in the diagram, and not everyone's do, then when you place him in a metal suit with inches of material under his arm pit chances are they won't come down to the same point. Think about it. Stand up and stretch your arms out and see where they come to. Then place a folded up full bathroom towel or phone book under your arm pit and see if it's the same. Probably not. Take the photo of the figure and draw a line from th spot where it is on the diagram and your see it's nearly the same on the wrist. Maybe a wee bit shorter, and given th arms not fully straight and it's not actually a human seems pretty accurate(and the fact it matches th source material)

Do you have the figure in-hand?

Edit: that picture (for ants) still has the same issue. Hands terminate at the line of the groin, not below it.

Seems pretty close to the "ideal" human even though it's not human

View attachment 266710

dude... did you even look at those pics before comparing them?

not only that im talking about the actual movie render and comparing that to the fig, its off, PB's pic just helps explain what im pointing out

People over analyze toys way way too much . I just buy them and never worry about it

Some people on this forum don't seem to understand this simple precept, but just because some of us can find fault in the products made by Hot Toys that doesn't take away from the quality of them in any meaningful capacity. It simply means they made something that while cool, isn't 100% perfect. Nothing in this life really is.

It's not worth getting bent out of shape or typing an essay over.

Some people on this forum don't seem to understand this simple precept, but just because some of us can find fault in the products made by Hot Toys that doesn't take away from the quality of them in any meaningful capacity. It simply means they made something that while cool, isn't 100% perfect. Nothing in this life really is.

incoming thesis

Sweet pictures, John! :clap This figure is a true masterpiece!

Hope you're doing well also!

Perfection. That first one looks exactly like a movie still. :drool

lol, hey Zack, thanks. I love it. Things are finally well on my end, so I can finally be a pain again here :wink1:

Is it just me or arm his arms really short/stubby?

Hey Lipsmack. Not sure. I just buy'em and admire'em :lol. If there is something off, I don't even notice it.

You got this guy early? Congrats! :clap Great pics, buddy. :duff

Hey YFP! I did indeed. Treated myself. Figured I've earned it :duff and thanks, too, for the rep!

Some people do understand. But it appears that some people don't like to have their ideas challenged. Especially when a specific question is answered.

I responded to a question with a very short post.(three words) Then people chime in with diagrams and assign human anatomy not just to a toy, but to a toy that is based on a cg character, a character that isn't even a human.

And when it's pointed out as flawed and incorrect logic, (not just because of assigning "ideal" human anatomy to a metal suit doesn't take into account that it's actually a metal suit not a human, but that the issue brought up is wrong. The arms on the 45 extended past the point of captain American, Spider-Man, Thor, stark...and are nearly identical to the source material and the "ideal human diagram".)the standard "essay" and "inside source" and personal BS attacks are brought up to deflect from the facts.

Last edited:
Some people do understand. But it appears that some people don't like to have their ideas challenged. Especially when a specific question is answered.

I responded to a question with a very short post.(three words) Then people chime in with diagrams and assign human anatomy not just to a toy, but to a toy that is based on a cg character, a character that isn't even a human.

And when it's pointed out as flawed and incorrect logic, the standard "essay" and "inside source" and personal BS attacks are brought up to deflect from the facts.

The irony.

You still didn't answer my question.

And when it's pointed out as flawed and incorrect logic, the standard "essay" and "inside source" and personal BS attacks are brought up to deflect from the facts.

yeah, but the CGI still I posted shows that the arms should come down farther... and to add, yes Iron man was CGI, but it is designed with a human in mind, the CGI artists take some liberties but it still has to appear real.. so your point on that is moot.

I remember when nearly every HT fig had short, stubby legs. I'm glad they finally got that sorted out. I think the last one before they fixed the proportions was the DX01, the figure looked great from the waist up but he had little midget legs.

Back