1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have 8x banks (4x for AAA on the side, but not useful for this, I've only ever used one to power the 42 1/4 scale exclusive base), so you'd need two to power everything on this. I'm only using one since I am not powering up the bust. Just the helmet, chest, legs x2, arms x2 and wrist x2 (total 8). I'm posing him with the bust not visible, so I don't think it's worth spending $180ish extra to get the bust powered on. Even if I did with the helmet up, I think I'd just not power the helmet and use it for the bust and save the money.

Hot Toys needs to figure out a way to utilize fiber optics in their figures. Then the display lighting could illuminate them sufficiently. Alot of times the LED's are too bright and look more like flashlights then moderately illuminated technology gimmicks.

Hot Toys needs to figure out a way to utilize fiber optics in their figures. Then the display lighting could illuminate them sufficiently. Alot of times the LED's are too bright and look more like flashlights then moderately illuminated technology gimmicks.

Would of been nice on something this scale if they gave us a power adaptor to plug into the wall with a remote.

None of my Iron Man figures have ever had batteries in them...it's sad really but way too much work for the short term payoff.

This is what Sideshow told the owner of my local comic shop today

d2dcb8967a07ef597d16d181cdbbc130.jpg

Same - my local supplier said he had a letter in his hand from Sideshow categorically stating that they (sideshow) wouldn't have any stock until the end of November at the earliest, and that anyone that got one before that must have bought theirs from China. And it must have been a copy too :rotfl

Had one paid in full from a retailer , (cost roughly $100 less than Sideshow ) , but went ahead and still ordered one though Sideshow . Really really want this bad boy by Xmas 2017 not Xmas 2018. This wait sucks

Probably not a good idea for them. They’d inevitably use cheap FOs that would break in shipping and or handling. It would be a total disaster.

Probably not a good idea for them. They’d inevitably use cheap FOs that would break in shipping and or handling. It would be a total disaster.

What you say has merit, but having a multitude of screw access battery compartments and concealed switches needed to activate the lighting gimmicks also makes it a disaster. It would be nice to have the ambient lighting of your display sufficiently illuminate the lighting gimmicks.

They have 8x banks (4x for AAA on the side, but not useful for this, I've only ever used one to power the 42 1/4 scale exclusive base), so you'd need two to power everything on this. I'm only using one since I am not powering up the bust. Just the helmet, chest, legs x2, arms x2 and wrist x2 (total 8). I'm posing him with the bust not visible, so I don't think it's worth spending $180ish extra to get the bust powered on. Even if I did with the helmet up, I think I'd just not power the helmet and use it for the bust and save the money.

Yeah, they just quoted me $180, but I seem to need everything they mentioned?

2qmm5gm.jpg

2qmm5gm.jpg

If I was to do this, which eventually I will. I’m going to spend the extra money just to make sure I can power my mark 43 (full) figure standing in front and my war machine figure. Might as well since the hulk buster won’t be using all the slots on the 2nd power source.

2qmm5gm.jpg

Here was what I had ordered for mine (ignore the AAA, it was for another piece). I went lite pack since I already have two others and have the remote already. You need the power adapter:

Soap Reactor (lite pack)
US$69.99
LR41
US$6.9
LR44
US$6.9
LR621
US$6.9
AAA cable
US$6.9
Power Adaptor US
US$19.9
Shipping fee
US$30

Total
US$181.99

The full pack comes with a specific set of cables I think, so you could just get the lite pack, order only the cables you need, and the remote separately. Not sure how much that would come to though in terms of difference.

Here was what I had ordered for mine (ignore the AAA, it was for another piece). I went lite pack since I already have two others and have the remote already. You need the power adapter:

Soap Reactor (lite pack)
US$69.99
LR41
US$6.9
LR44
US$6.9
LR621
US$6.9
AAA cable
US$6.9
Power Adaptor US
US$19.9
Shipping fee
US$30

Total
US$181.99

The full pack comes with a specific set of cables I think, so you could just get the lite pack, order only the cables you need, and the remote separately. Not sure how much that would come to though in terms of difference.

Awesome, thanks!

Got an update on Hulkbuster from my friend who owns a comic shop. Sideshow reps are saying that they hope to supply retail orders by the end on Q1 2018. So those people who bought through bbts or other resellers may be waiting a while. Who knows if this is accurate though. [emoji848]🤷*♂️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome, thanks!

No problem. I bet that if you order the full pack to get the remote included, you could tell them to swap the default cables it comes with with ones you can use, so those don't go to waste.

When I bought my very first one that had the stock cables, the piece I was lighting actually used those cables, so I was good to go.

The soap reactor is a must with this figure. I now have him posed open and with both the bust inside and the MK43 by it...all lights are on thanks to soap
86555708-870C-4241-842C-4714E008ECFF.jpg
EB8934F6-EB11-446A-97D8-EAFF6E3DE62E.jpg

Back