1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So got my Deluxe Vader delivered yesterday and just opening him and setting him up.

Having a problem with putting the switch box on his belt. The hook just kinda goes in it but doesn't lock. The OWK version i think slid up to lock. This one won't. Just keeps falling off. Anyone else have the same issue? And the heads are tough to get on the stand plates. They don't pop in the hole too well. Afraid to put too much pressure trying to push them on to display them on the stand.

Always paranoid I'm gonna break something with these dsmn things. Its too stressful setting him up. :lol

So got my Deluxe Vader delivered yesterday and just opening him and setting him up.

Having a problem with putting the switch box on his belt. The hook just kinda goes in it but doesn't lock. The OWK version i think slid up to lock. This one won't. Just keeps falling off. Anyone else have the same issue? And the heads are tough to get on the stand plates. They don't pop in the hole too well. Afraid to put too much pressure trying to push them on to display them on the stand.

Always paranoid I'm gonna break something with these dsmn things. Its too stressful setting him up. :lol
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I had the same problem. Right now it's just the inner robe and cape which is keeping it in place. :lol

I finally got the hook to slide up. After dropping it several times and almost losing it to the portal of nowhere when things fall on the floor and just disappear... What a pain in the a$$.

I really hate these tiny fragile plugs and these power control switch boxes. Some wires go in tight, others are a little loose and feel like they could fall out. HT really needs to come up with something better. Even the switch on the stand for the lights is tiny. Always feel like I'm gonna break something. That's why my display's never change. Once they are on the shelf I never want to touch them again. Sometimes puts me off even wanting to keep buying these figures.

what is this hook and switch box talk? Photos would really help... if you please.
Screenshot 2024-09-13 125117.jpg

Screenshot 2024-09-13 125408.jpg

Hmm.. guess will have to look again in the box. Did not see anything like that when I took him out the other day. But then again my happiness was ruined because of the broken tusk, then the lights not working out of the box, so might have missed it somehow.
Thank you both @Gipetto0812 and @loki2371
Here's the piece by itself

Screenshot 2024-09-13 125720.jpg

Hmm, broken tusks out of the box. That's not good

Wait doesn't it come with 2 head neck pieces (that includes the tusks) so you can swap out to whatever piece is intact?

Last edited:
Back