1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which, if any, Vader has the red lenses? R1?

I don't keep up with Vader figs because none of them have moved the needle for me.

Which, if any, Vader has the red lenses? R1?

I don't keep up with Vader figs because none of them have moved the needle for me.
The ANH versions do. You just can't tell on the stock figure b/c there's no backing. One of the mods to do after opening up the headsculpt is to place some aluminum foil or some white paper behind the eyes to get the color to pop. I went went with foil so it would be a bit more subtle personally. Not sure about the others. Didn't have OWK Vader long enough to check

The ANH versions do. You just can't tell on the stock figure b/c there's no backing. One of the mods to do after opening up the headsculpt is to place some aluminum foil or some white paper behind the eyes to get the color to pop. I went went with foil so it would be a bit more subtle personally. Not sure about the others. Didn't have OWK Vader long enough to check
Then my search for the Vader I want will commence. Thanks.

I would be careful about getting ANH Vader. While the helmet sculpt is the same as RO Vader and OWK Vader (minutes the widows peak on OWK) the paint is different. It is matte which is good for ANH but the inside of the eyelids was painted gunmetal grey instead of black. This gives Vader a bug eyed or scared look. This makes it the second worse helmet after ESB.

Back