1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't look that small to me. Only the forehead looks small. But I prefer the Kaiyodo sculpt by far. Will see it I can butcher the sideshow with the Kaiyodo as suggested in that thread! Thanks got this.

1/6 ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Here... scroll to bottom to see tinyness...

Or the largeness. If you study both , the kaiyodo has certain areas that are the same size as SSC. Some also larger/some smaller. Sideshows looks nice but the proportions and shape are way way off.
You can have a great looking Vader with just SSC parts. It's just not accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on your guys side with Kaiyodo, I have one myself (original kit no recast from 2005)... but there's no denying that its smallish. More accurate of course, but small...

attachment.php

Or the largeness. If you study both , the kaiyodo has certain areas that are the same size as SSC. Some also larger/some smaller. Sideshows looks nice but the proportions and shape are way way off.
You can have a great looking Vader with just SSC parts. It's just not accurate.

You and I agree most of the time. No exceptions here!

Which makes sense consider g it's designed for a 15 inch figure.

:lol That's true.

My kaiyodo Vader is about proper height and the face mask looks good overall. I'd say the Hasbro helmet used looks a tad oversized. So as was suggested, the V2 Vader helmet from Sideshow might be perfect. I never tried to swap helmets with my ANH one.

Look at the photos and not just how tall they are sitting next to each other. Look at the individual sections. Eyes, neck brace, nose etc. if you don't see it, you don't see it. It's all good.

My kaiyodo Vader is about proper height and the face mask looks good overall. I'd say the Hasbro helmet used looks a tad oversized. So as was suggested, the V2 Vader helmet from Sideshow might be perfect. I never tried to swap helmets with my ANH one.
There's also a pic of this combo in my thread.

Problem with that is the overall shape on hasBro is nigh perfect. So then it becomes a matter of preferring a slightly oversized rightly shaped dome or a less accurate better proportioned dome. I think I will go with th w first. :) but I appreciate the feedback!

Look at the photos and not just how tall they are sitting next to each other. Look at the individual sections. Eyes, neck brace, nose etc. if you don't see it, you don't see it. It's all good.

I did, and to me, honestly, with the exception of the nose and maybe overall width, the other areas look to be of varying smaller sizes. But hey, I haven't taken this thing apart in-hand so I wouldn't know. I just have my SS Vader near my Kaiyodo Hurricane Vader and one looks smaller than the other.

Back