Hot Toys - Iron Man 2 - 1/6th scale Black Widow Collectible Figure (Artisan Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that I have landed this, I can now share.

My very first HT figure was the 2010 edition of this figure and I didn’t know where to buy it and I ended up getting it from Japan. I didn’t know the difference between special edition and the regular one then, so I ended up with the regular. To say I was disappointed with the final product was an understatement.

Throughout the years, I kept hoping HT would improve the sculpt, the body and hair, as unlike Iron Man, Widow basically has the same suit and equipment over and over (Don’t get me started with the batons, that’s not Widow equipment). It’s the face and hair that truly matters. It seems they can’t stick the landing until this one, 14 years later.

To me, this is my definitive Widow as every version afterwards are basically variations of this, and this hair best lends itself to Artisan treatment out of all her appearances (yes, TWS and CW are worth contenders as well). This version is really the only time she gets to do sort of stealthy/undercover stuff and I think it was a great introduction of her character (I know, debatable). I am semi-retired with HT collecting and I wouldn’t mind bookending my run with this figure. As the Penguin once said, “Things change.”

I will have to think long and hard about getting any future Artisan editions of Widow. As this one already has me at “Wow and wowed again”.

Now that I have landed this, I can now share.

My very first HT figure was the 2010 edition of this figure and I didn’t know where to buy it and I ended up getting it from Japan. I didn’t know the difference between special edition and the regular one then, so I ended up with the regular. To say I was disappointed with the final product was an understatement.

Throughout the years, I kept hoping HT would improve the sculpt, the body and hair, as unlike Iron Man, Widow basically has the same suit and equipment over and over (Don’t get me started with the batons, that’s not Widow equipment). It’s the face and hair that truly matters. It seems they can’t stick the landing until this one, 14 years later.

To me, this is my definitive Widow as every version afterwards are basically variations of this, and this hair best lends itself to Artisan treatment out of all her appearances (yes, TWS and CW are worth contenders as well). This version is really the only times she gets to do sort of stealthy/undercover stuff and I think it was a great introduction of her character (I know, debatable). I am semi-retired with HT collecting and I wouldn’t mind bookending my run with this figure. As the Penguin once said, “Things change.”

I will have to think long and hard about getting any future Artisan editions of Widow. As this one already has me at “Wow and wowed again”.

I’d 100% buy a Endgame 2.0 Widow but that doesn’t need an artisan at all thankfully

I think this looks outstanding, took 'em long enough. That said, was never in for this. Although I might look twice for TWS or A1 variants of this standard.

For real. These Artisans are coming in like WWI artillery fire, too. I think the only other one I would shell out for is CAtWS-Winter Soldier.
That's precisely why I decided to sell my custom. I just know I wouldn't of been able to get the same resell if I waited until a new one was revealed.
I’m worried this will get me tumbling down the MARVEL rabbit hole.
Don't do it! Or, at least don't go back and get older figures. Wait for the newer ones. Once HT started down this newer path of better overall figures, I went to town selling nearly all my MCU figures in the hopes of much better versions of the same characters down the line.

I arrived the queue almost an hour late and wasnt still able to get in. Surprised to see it wasn't sold out yet, both versions (although SE was low stock when I got in). Is the demand that low for BW? Or is ppl fed up of exclusives now lol
Besides inflation folks may be fed up with the stress of the system. The Artisan Anakin thread had me wincing in sympathy. I still want a JS Artisan and am on waitlist.

Besides maybe moving on from the MCU - dunno. But there'll never be another Scar Jo BW. Gorgeous woman, fine actress. I'm leaning towards keeping the second I "accidently" ordered. 😁

To me, this is my definitive Widow as every version afterwards are basically variations of this, and this hair best lends itself to Artisan treatment out of all her appearances (yes, TWS and CW are worth contenders as well). This version is really the only time she gets to do sort of stealthy/undercover stuff and I think it was a great introduction of her character (I know, debatable

I used to think of CW Widow (have 2) was the "definitive" but IMO this is MORE definitive - redder hair etc.
And I think a great character intro. Not sure I'd replace my TWS BW, even tho they are likely to be "better". What I'd really like is Sideshow or Iron Studios to 1/4 TWS assassin Bucky and Nat statues, like the movie posters.

Last edited:
Besides inflation folks may be fed up with the stress of the system. The Artisan Anakin thread had me wincing in sympathy. I still want a JS Artisan and am on waitlist.

Besides maybe moving on from the MCU - dunno. But there'll never be another Scar Jo BW. Gorgeous woman, fine actress. I'm leaning towards keeping the second I "accidently" ordered. 😁

William Wang still has artisan Anakin somehow on his site to order if you need it badly? The Wanda is tempting me bad every payday

Thanks for the link! You're a godsend!

And I didn't get any message from Sideshow, even though I was on the RSVP list.

Now I'm #817 in line. That should work! :D
I want to thank people here for the advice on keeping multiple browsers open.
I normally do everything from the desktop, but I got the queue link via phone text about five minutes before an email link was sent.
I was under 400 in line on the phone, while on the desktop I was over 3500 with a 1/2 hour wait time.
I was able to put it in my cart on the phone and complete the checkout on the desktop. I was sure I was going to miss out on this as I haven't dealt with this queue process before. What a nerve-racking PITA.

Seeing how long they've been lasting, I probably shouldn't have rushed. I forgot I had $5 available for registering w/ the con to use. Oh well.

FWIW, I don't think the sculpt here is substantially better than the one for Civil War. The hair is a little better, but we'll see how it holds up over time.
What makes this compelling for me, and the best SJ BW you can get, are the rolling eyeballs.
Any figure, no matter how good the portrait and paint apps are, is seriously hobbled without those.

Last edited:
I'm not able to add either to my cart. Have been trying for the last 30 minutes and it keeps saying check back in a few. How is Sideshow so consistently able to screw up the ordering process?

Glad for all those that secured one! Have my fingers crossed for a WS version. If I get a BW figure, it needs to be a one and done.

Back