Hot Toys - Iron Man 2: Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have any clue or idea if there is any possibility to "shrink" her suit a bit just under/negind her boobs as I find that it is just too loose there and the main reason the boobs look no good. If it were more tightly shaped it would actually look good possibly even without a downsizing
:borg:

On this. I was thinking on possibly trying a hair dryer on low to try to tighten. No idea if it would work due to lack of experience.

Got the parts for mine now. Just need to tame her hair. So fuzzy and out of control. I would wash it and gel but afraid of losing the curls.

..... Just need to tame her hair. So fuzzy and out of control. I would wash it and gel but afraid of losing the curls.

You don´t have to be afraid! Wash the hair only with warm water; NOT HOT! If you don´t use heat to style her hair you won´t loose the curls!

here is explained how to wash the hair, the steem method on the end is, when you like to make new curls etc....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/NJVkfDRSIGg?fs=1&hl=de_DE&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/NJVkfDRSIGg?fs=1&hl=de_DE&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The thing I am more worried about with washing is getting back the same curls that Scar Jo had. May just try some warm water to comb down the hair first before being radical and give her the works.

You guys really make her look nice with the mods.

I like mine just fine out of the box, but its my fear that i'm gonna jack her up if I try to mod her even with something simple like the hair.

Back from doing a little to her hair.
I've used a conditioner listed as - Aqua light from Pantene Pro V (I had a free sample,yes I am a man).
Left it in the hair and worked it in along the threads. Added a little weight to it and the conditioner has helped to keep it all closer to the face. Not going to wash it out yet. Will leave it a week or so to see how the room temperature will effect it.

I would post a picture but I only have a 3.2mp phone camera with a rubbish flash.

Just need a nice pose now, suggestions ?.

My Black Widow figure.
DSCN0803.jpg

DSCN0804.jpg

DSCN0805.jpg

DSCN0806.jpg

DSCN0808.jpg

DSCN0810.jpg

DSCN0813.jpg

DSCN0814.jpg

Got mine yesterday, is anyone else having problems with her right arm only going up about an inch away from her body? I tried moving the suit around to is if the arm was just in a bad position but it still only goes up about an inch.

here is my Black Widow custom , I repainted the belt and costume, gave her a breast lift and made her hair curly as close to movie as I could - please let me know what you think - Thanks guys :)

here i have black widow next to my other custom figure of Stephan Salvatore from the Vampire Diaries

I like it! The only thing is the curls seem too big and not in 1/6 scale if that makes sense. Maybe if you can tighten up the curls and make them smaller??

Well for the hair I used Garnier Frutis style "Curl shaping spray gel" let her sit in sun for 20 minutes and crunched to make the curls. I gave her bangs which nobody on here has done to my surprise. I don't don't think the curls are too big at all though, her hair in the movie is super curly maybe I'll try another day of rubber bands to keep the hair down. I noticed other people on here have tried washing , curling with rollers, taking off the outfit ... Don't ! Just spray some gel on your fingers and wrap figure in plastic wrap so the product doesn't get on the costume or the face.
Her breasts were easy , I didn't take suit off that wrinkles and can damage the suit fitting on her, just zip her suit all the way down and handle with care. I took out the inserts with razor from my box cutter very carefully, and reinserted silly putty instead. Just roll up two small amounts put them in, mold it to the size you want and zip up the zipper. I used acrylic paint for cleavage to make the skintone more real and to pop them out more ha, ha. By the way this was my first custom figure ever on a figure doll of a girl , and i think she looks 100 percent better and more acturate than when I first got her out of the box. Thanks to everyone on here too for the hints and advice, but i think my way works pretty good too . :)

yes I washed in some blacks and blues to define chest and other areas, pictures don't make it look as good because of flash , in person looks alot better, I just tell all my friends that's how it came out of the box, no one will ever know except you guys haha

I also painted her bracelets a gold tint ( cause to me they looked that way in movie), defined the red black widow symbol, painted middle belt and holster lighter gray like in the movie, the strips down the costume lighter gray like in the movie. I even painted her finger nails, and skin tone on her neck and chest to make it look more real and less rubbery.

Back