Hot Toys Joker version 3??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My vote is for a Joker that has a head sculpt and outfit that looks just like Gary Oldman as Gordon.

Seriously - that's the only TDK figure remaining that's of interest. I just can't see how a 3rd Joker makes sense.

It makes as much sense as half-assed Predator variants.

Hot Toys Ledger Joker = $$$$$

That's the whole motive, they found a sure seller and are cashing in while they can.

I'm shocked we haven't seen Scarecrow, with his inclusion in TDK I would have thought they would have made him as a "make up" to the fans. Gordon as well, traditional Gordon, SWAT Gordon, they could have made both easily. I don't see them doing a v1 with a v2 head it just doesn't make sense with the v1 being redistributed in April. I do see them making a Cop Joker that would include the nurse outfit include two facial sculpts, one with paint and a grin and one with paint with the lips puckered like he had in the Two-Face scene. They'll call it The Joker Disguised version and be done with it.

While the lack of Scarecrow and Gordon dissappoints, it's becoming how little I expect of Hot Toys in a line. If a character isn't the utmost important to the story or entertaining of a property like this, they don't give them the time of day. The only lines HT expands more into are older properties where there's a huge fan base, current ones, it's only the sure fire sellers, which is a shame, Hot Toys Gordon would have been great to own.

I want Gordon and Scarecrow but I also want a Liam Neeson Ras Al Ghul and wouldn't mind a Ninja Bruce Wayne. Or a League of Shadows Ninja.

Why do the same character 3 times tho Hot Toys? They have to be making good money, take a risk and give us Gordon not the Joker again.

That's what bothers me most with Hot Toys, usually it's one character they don't do that making them could really round off a line, but despite whatever success they have, they're unwilling to throw their loyal customers and hardcore fans of properties a bone and deliver what they want. TDK really just needs Jim Gordon to feel complete (sure you could add Fox or Alfred, etc. but they're not as big as Com. Gordon), Pirates only needed Barbossa, Aliens needed Newt and Bishop. They show no respect for their customers, only fool them with magic of shiny figures that make people forget the redundancy of it all and not feel screwed by what they don't get. Don't get me wrong, if it comes out to my liking I will get this Joker, but I'm not so caught up in HT Joker madness as to not be disgruntled with them over their tactics.

A V1 with the V2 head could really hurt the sales of their next wave of BR Jokers, so I don't see them doing that.

My vote is for a Joker that has a head sculpt and outfit that looks just like Gary Oldman as Gordon.

Seriously - that's the only TDK figure remaining that's of interest. I just can't see how a 3rd Joker makes sense.

HAHAAH that's so true bro.. I would want to see ONE MORE BATMAN TDK COSTUME with BACKPACK (HK SCENE) + SONAR EYES (light up of course) + STICKY BOMB GUN.. come on .. we all know that the bomb gun is such an integral part of the movie

For me, Gordon and Ras Al Ghul will be a terrific addition to the dk line. Hopefully Hot toys will see to the demand on their customers for chance..

That's what bothers me most with Hot Toys, usually it's one character they don't do that making them could really round off a line, but despite whatever success they have, they're unwilling to throw their loyal customers and hardcore fans of properties a bone and deliver what they want. TDK really just needs Jim Gordon to feel complete (sure you could add Fox or Alfred, etc. but they're not as big as Com. Gordon), Pirates only needed Barbossa, Aliens needed Newt and Bishop. They show no respect for their customers, only fool them with magic of shiny figures that make people forget the redundancy of it all and not feel screwed by what they don't get. Don't get me wrong, if it comes out to my liking I will get this Joker, but I'm not so caught up in HT Joker madness as to not be disgruntled with them over their tactics.

Gordon was a vital part of TDK. I don't need a Joker dressed up as nurse.

Has anyone considered the possibility this is going to be another 1/4 Joker Bust, the last one had awful paint work.

In the newsletter they referenced the BR Joker and the V1 Joker, so most likely they were talking about figures.

Yeah most likely figures, although I'd be up for a new Joker 1/4 bust. The last one was good but not great.

Reason we ain't seeing a Gordon, Alfred, Fox, is because they won't sell. As much as us hardcore fans want to have them, HT couldn't justify making something that will only sell like what? 500 around the world?

Scarecrow has too little screen time to actually leave an impression on 'fresh' collectors.

As for Ras Al Gul, well, he ain't in DK and I am not sure if they will want to revisit a movie from a few years ago that most people who watched TDK probably didn't watch.

People are already complaining about TF being too expensive. I wonder what the outcry would be if we actually get a Gordon, Alfred, Fox and the price is about the same as TF.

The reality is that not much will pay what HT charges for a guy in a suit.

As for predator, even 'half baked' varient, they are Predators at the end of the day and the sculpt, accessories, and having a huge bunch of them is just a lot more cooler than a bunch of guy in a suit.

The fact that a Predator goes up in value quite fast helps a lot.

And yet, they continue to make Spirit figures.......

Just sayin is all.

I believe the argument is that these come with elaborate costumes....

Of course, they could offer Gordon with both his street cloths as well as his 'disguise'. :lecture

Has anyone seen their Godfather. I think the guy in a suit will sell, dependent upon the guy and the suit, for the dollars they will ask. They have plenty of bodies, reams of material, and it only takes a sculpt to bring it on home.

I kind of think that Hot Toys can be their own worst enemy at times. They have wrung the Batman out, even after they announced they would be no more in this line, they chose to make more. Not another but a variant. I think they are just seizing on this being the last chance to ride the Ledger tails before the spark dies off altogether. I dare say they would make a Gordon, Alfred, or a Fox, but have to work to a plan, to do justice to other lines and licence obligations. In the meantime they sacrifice collectors passions, in order to keep to the ever grinding plan they shackle themselves to.

I believe the argument is that these come with elaborate costumes....

Of course, they could offer Gordon with both his street cloths as well as his 'disguise'. :lecture

I wanted the Spirit because I dug his design...but the movie was so mind numbingly terrible that I would never want a single Spirit product ANYWHERE near my house....ew.

And yet, they continue to make Spirit figures.......

Just sayin is all.
That baffles me too. With the movie such a failure and the line destined into obscurity, I guess HT probably are just trying to released whatever they already have a prototype made and hope to break even for this license.

As for Godfather, he is more than just a man in a suit. It's one of the greatest film character ever portrayed by one of the greatest actor ever in one of the greatest movie ever.

Those three points alone will make the figure an instant hit.

Gordon, Alfred, Fox, despite being portrayed by three amazing actors in one of the best movie ever are just supporting characters and just doesn't have the same impact as Don Vito Corleone who essentially carries the first Godfather movie on his shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back