Hot Toys Joker version 3??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol I just asked if anyone had seen their Godfather figure. That was it. I made no inferences beyond that, other than what you chose to have it imply. You sure made a meal out of it. :lol

Just kidding ya noisetrigger. All very pertinent points. All I was saying was Hot Toys has other figures to fry. Yeah, they'll probably loose out with the Spirit figures, but for them, that is in the past and it's onto the next project. Even then they probably made an amount of Spirit figures dependent upon pre-orders, so they wouldn't have lost that much.

They might as well milk the Ledger Joker while they can here, because come next film they'll have plenty of chances to do Gordon, Alfred, Fox, Wayne, and another Batman. This is their only shot at milking the Joker.

They might as well milk the Ledger Joker while they can here, because come next film they'll have plenty of chances to do Gordon, Alfred, Fox, Wayne, and another Batman. This is their only shot at milking the Joker.

what, you don't think we'll see the joker return as the villain in the next batman movie? :lol

People are already complaining about TF being too expensive. I wonder what the outcry would be if we actually get a Gordon, Alfred, Fox and the price is about the same as TF.

I think people paying and getting Two-Face are all happy with him and would probably make up the smaller group that would support a Gordon figure. Maybe that group is Batman or Joker sized, but if HT's so concerned about money, slam us with a bazillion Joker variants to make back the investment in a Gordon and give the hardcore fans what they want. As George Carlin would say, take a ^^^^ing chance once in awhile.

I'm a little excited to hear that HT is planning to release a 3rd version. I didn't get any of the existing ones, well mostly because of the funds, but even if I had money, I wouldn't have gotten any of those. Reason, because the bank robber Joker has a head sculpt that I want but not the clothing, and regular Joker has the purple clothing that's neat but head is poor. Also, some of the accessories aren't divided up nicely. So, here's hoping HT puts together a nice figure for a third version that is hard to resist. I was going to go buy the DC direct version but stopped as soon as I heard this news, now I'll try to save up for it :) and perhaps another figure.

I doubt I'll be getting another Ledger Joker 'cause I got regular and Bank Robber versions so I don't think I'll be getting another.

If they can make such a useless figure such as the she-predator, why not Gordon?

If they can make such a useless figure such as the she-predator, why not Gordon?

Because She-Predator has Predator and sex appeal, which is a large group of consumers, Gordon only appeals to those really invested in the Batman story and particularly Gary Oldman's portrayal. Gordon as a figure isn't anything exciting, his popularity would be totally relying on love for the character, otherwise it's just some dude, no cool accessories or gear.

I think people paying and getting Two-Face are all happy with him and would probably make up the smaller group that would support a Gordon figure. Maybe that group is Batman or Joker sized, but if HT's so concerned about money, slam us with a bazillion Joker variants to make back the investment in a Gordon and give the hardcore fans what they want. As George Carlin would say, take a ^^^^ing chance once in awhile.

God bless you for quoting the lord of comedy, the great Carlin.

Also, I will be getting my Two-Face through Joe so it's not here quite yet. That said, I haven't seen any pictures that make me disappointed. Minor inaccuracies? So ^^^^ing what. Honestly, weigh all of the positive aspects of the likeness against all of the negatives. It's a no-brainer. It's stunning. So there isn't a hole on the left side of the nose or the coloration is a little more grey than black in the scarring. The likeness to the film counterpart is brilliant. So much ^^^^^ing and whining, I don't understand it.

They feel they need to include the chair with the Godfather to make him interesting.

They could make Gordon more interesting - he could come with yet another Joker head sculpt. Or the bat signal.

They could include the Interrogation Face Sculpt, not v2 but the look with a ton of flesh tones and the eerie look with Gordon if they wanted to and it wouldn't be able to be kept on a shelf.

joker-740320.jpg

The thing is....why would they include something that wasn't directly tied to Gordon. The BatSignal would be great but the price would be outstanding.

I'd get a Nurse Joker, but countless versions of one character aren't what the fans are clamoring for. A SWAT Gordon would be nice as well. That's about the extent of the line as I see it, though. I mean unless they plan on doing some of the Joker's goons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back