Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bah! HT and their high quality toys...:gah:

Wallet's screaming at me, I can't decide between the Mark V or Mark II. Which you guys think is more worthy the price tag?

Look at the silver Zig zag thing on both arms ...now do see the problem?

..and it's not battle damage, the silver parts that are missing are meant to be under the other silver parts that overlap them, so it would be impossible for them to fall off.

The bottom ones look like they're missing form the BD but I think they're supposed to be on the top few. Maybe the one on display isn't final yet, or atleast that's what I'm hoping for cause that would drive me insane. Every time I walk past my BD Mark III a little voice in my head reminds me "He's got a scratch on his face plate" :lol these things bug me

Bah! HT and their high quality toys...:gah:

Wallet's screaming at me, I can't decide between the Mark V or Mark II. Which you guys think is more worthy the price tag?

Actually, while I personally like the Mark V much more, I think that value-wise, the Mark II is more worth the price.

With the Mark V, you are very limited in its display options, as the only accessories are swappable Battle Damage parts. The Mark II has more interchangeable parts, two helmets, including a head/face sculpt, and the -free- EX version upgrade is a super cool accessory for a Mech Tony/Tony Stark figure.

Actually, while I personally like the Mark V much more, I think that value-wise, the Mark II is more worth the price.

With the Mark V, you are very limited in its display options, as the only accessories are swappable Battle Damage parts. The Mark II has more interchangeable parts, two helmets, including a head/face sculpt, and the -free- EX version upgrade is a super cool accessory for a Mech Tony/Tony Stark figure.

More interchangeable parts = more possible QC issues. Just look at the MK VI and MK IV threads and there're definitely less complaints on Mk IV's side.

And while Mk II may be of more value, I think in the matters of detail and "wow"-ness, it comes nowhere near the Mark V.

More interchangeable parts = more possible QC issues. Just look at the MK VI and MK IV threads and there're definitely less complaints on Mk IV's side.

And while Mk II may be of more value, I think in the matters of detail and "wow"-ness, it comes nowhere near the Mark V.

Alot of the QC issues, in my opinion, were a bit exaggerated (though certainly not all). There were/are ALOT of people genuinely upset with all of the 'silver scratches' all over the figures :rotfl

Trust me, I'm with you about the 'wow'-factor of the Mark V!

But if we're talking about bang for your buck, for a collector on a tight budget, then I think that the Mark II warrants serious consideration.

I don't think that possible QC flaws should factor into a decision about Hot Toys. I think it's fairly safe to assume that QC will not be a problem.

Agreed. Mark V isn't much bang for the buck compared to the new Mark II.

Alot of the QC issues, in my opinion, were a bit exaggerated (though certainly not all). There were/are ALOT of people genuinely upset with all of the 'silver scratches' all over the figures :rotfl

Trust me, I'm with you about the 'wow'-factor of the Mark V!

But if we're talking about bang for your buck, for a collector on a tight budget, then I think that the Mark II warrants serious consideration.

I don't think that possible QC flaws should factor into a decision about Hot Toys. I think it's fairly safe to assume that QC will not be a problem.

true...ultimately it all comes down to taste. Sometimes, there are things that you really like and it seems to be of less value compared to others (say comparing a Mac & a Windows PC), but at the end of the day, if you were really forced to choose one, getting the one you like more will be more worthwhile.

I, for one, chose Cap over Spidey because of that, knowing very well that Cap has less accessories than Spidey. But I know I'll regret not getting Cap more, than not getting our good ol' friendly neighborhood friend...:)

I asked myself the same question then after five minutes of soul searching I decided to just order both.

Haha I have both ordered at the moment but being a college student in his 4th year, money's become as plentiful as Mark I's :lol

Now that I think about it, I'll probably get both sooner or later but I want to get the one that's going to sell out and wind up with a ridiculous price tag on eBay. I picked up WM for $240 shipped, not bad but seeing how the Mark VI is almost $390 cheapest now, I'm glad I grabbed the VI first.

So QC or features isn't as much as an issue now as which one to grab first to be cheapest in the long run :monkey1

OR I could just cancel both, grab the Suit up Gantry and put paper cut outs of the II and V on my display shelf :lol

true...ultimately it all comes down to taste. Sometimes, there are things that you really like and it seems to be of less value compared to others (say comparing a Mac & a Windows PC), but at the end of the day, if you were really forced to choose one, getting the one you like more will be more worthwhile.

I, for one, chose Cap over Spidey because of that, knowing very well that Cap has less accessories than Spidey. But I know I'll regret not getting Cap more, than not getting our good ol' friendly neighborhood friend...:)

Absolutely agreed! It sounded like the original poster didn't really have a preference for either, though, and was looking at it from a purely bang/buck perspective.

if i had my way, i would plant money-growing trees and grab everything in HT's marvel line! :rotfl no more dilemmas, just an awesome display of movie replicas in 1/6 scale!

that's why i really admire those in this forum who could PO like 5 figures at once without much consideration hahaha

Absolutely agreed! It sounded like the original poster didn't really have a preference for either, though, and was looking at it from a purely bang/buck perspective.

if i had my way, i would plant money-growing trees and grab everything in HT's marvel line! :rotfl no more dilemmas, just an awesome display of movie replicas in 1/6 scale!

that's why i really admire those in this forum who could PO like 5 figures at once without much consideration hahaha

:exactly::panic::goodpost:

if i had my way, i would plant money-growing trees and grab everything in HT's marvel line!
32295_big.jpg

Back