Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People do the same to what they won't make. I will say this, seeing the Mark IV in comparison to the Mark III, there were spots for structural changes which have been made to the new Mark II AU. There isn't much visually they could do to the Mark I outside of a Stark sculpt which I don't think is enough to throw a full release to it.

My point was that in reality we have no clue what HT will or won't do and all we can do is speculate.

To be clear, I was agreeing with you. What will HT make? Who the hell knows. We know they have the licensing ability to make anything from any of the Marvel movies. That's about it. My guess would be that we'll see a new Mark III to go with the Monger before we see a new Mark I, but that's just a guess. I wouldn't be surprised if they make a new Mark I and no new Mark III.

Well the Mark II is a new tooling of the Mark IV body using the specifications of the Mark III, you can tell from the torso area. There is a Stealth Mark III set for Q4 which from the glances we've seen look to be on that new body. That to me would ensure a Mark III, outside of general rumor which were debunked over and over there hasn't really been a solid marker towards a Mark I but if they do make a Mark III that is improved can you see HT just sitting on their laurels with one inferior Mark left...

Just taking a leap here, buy maybe they will make the Mark I to go with the Iron Monger since its design, in the movie, was based on the fragments from the Mark I...did I remember that right?

Maybe the new one, if there is one, will have removable parts.

Last edited:
:rolleyes2 Come on Mike, that is not "featured" in the film. It's just a background prop. The Mark II suit was used in three full scenes of Iron Man 2. The Mark I was an out-of-focus pile of parts in the background. Clearly, there's a difference.

I'm not saying they won't release another Mark I; I'm saying that if they do, it'll be for very different reasons than why there's a second mark II release.

From STGCC yesterday.
rb9zyx.jpg

ORLY?

aceshowbizmovie25916000.jpg

but then again HT wouldn't make a figure of something that was only featured for a few seconds would they?

joker_mms_dx.jpg

Well, they wouldn't make a figure of something that was not even functional in the film would they? or even just a cameo but was entirely from another film would they?

JorEl05.jpg

Huh....
epic post . . . . . . . .

:rolleyes2 Come on Mike, that is not "featured" in the film. It's just a background prop. The Mark II suit was used in three full scenes of Iron Man 2. The Mark I was an out-of-focus pile of parts in the background. Clearly, there's a difference.

I'm not saying they won't release another Mark I; I'm saying that if they do, it'll be for very different reasons than why there's a second mark II release.

Im guessing it will pretty much be for the same reasons.

$$$$$$$$$$

Why is it a problem for HT to rerelease MK I because it is from the FIRST IM movie?? Why does it have to be seen in IM 2? Rerelease or not there is no rule they can't just start redoing figures from any movie! They are doing Iron Monger from the first movie, it wasn't in the second film!!!!!
Geeezz!

HT would make more money if they rereleased the mark 1 as i'm sure there are a few collectors out there who really want it for their collection and dont wish to pay scalper prices

They are doing Iron Monger from the first movie, it wasn't in the second film!!!!!
Geeezz!

They never made an Ironmonger before!:dunno ...going back to a movie already covered and releasing a character from it that they never made before is completely different to going back to a movie and making the exact same character/suit again that they already did!:duh

Nobody knows and we can only speculate about HT revisiting the Mark 1, which has been done already ad nauseum. If HT wants to make a ton more money by revisiting the Mark 1 then more power to them, they will have more of my money.

Speaking of HT taking more of my money, this Mark V can't get here fast enough :rotfl

Back