1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel proud that I couldn't tell you one difference between Chewy in any of the films. :)

You feel proud for not noticing a drastic character redesign? That's kind of weird too say. This isn't stormtrooper bucket variations. This is a very obvious difference and hard to miss.

Official Info - Chewbacca / Peter Mayhew in Ep. VII | Page 23 | Jedi Council Forums

You probably subconsciously know the difference. I prefer the ANH/ESB look myself. But the figure lends itself to a scruffier look.

So one is flat and the other is fuzzy. That's not a drastic character redesign that's him being able to afford a better hair dryer. I just don't care about every single little detail difference between characters (especially Vader and Fett.) To me they are all the same and just slight variations between costumes like we would change clothes.. not a big deal to me at all.

Last edited:
You feel proud for not noticing a drastic character redesign?

Chewbacca's hair is just messed up from all the action.

What everyone should notice is the hideous appearance of Stormtroopers in RotJ. Abominations. Just finished watching the movie with my kids 15 minutes ago.

Honestly I don't really see much change to the underlying sculpt across the three movies. I think it really just comes down to the different ways they styled or dyed the hair for the most part.

chew.JPG

So for those who have Chewie, is there an overall consensus now that he's worth picking up? I'll likely be nabbing on Chewie, and looking through the last 10-15 pages or so, it seems that some are enjoying him after futzing about and fixing him up! I know the initial thoughts were that his snout was too big, and that it just wasn't overall solid.

I know it all comes down to personal preference, and I'm all good with futzing around with hair and whatnot; but I'm just curious if those who have him are making the best of the situation (and doing a great job with it!) or is there still a feeling that it may be best to hold out for future releases to see if some things are fixed, or did he end up in-hand better than most expected and peeps are happy?

You feel proud for not noticing a drastic character redesign? That's kind of weird too say. This isn't stormtrooper bucket variations. This is a very obvious difference and hard to miss.

Official Info - Chewbacca / Peter Mayhew in Ep. VII | Page 23 | Jedi Council Forums

You probably subconsciously know the difference. I prefer the ANH/ESB look myself. But the figure lends itself to a scruffier look.

Drastic character redesign? What, the fact that his hair falls forward more and isn't slicked back?

Drastic?

So one is flat and the other is fuzzy. That's not a drastic character redesign that's him being able to afford a better hair dryer. I just don't care about every single little detail difference between characters (especially Vader and Fett.) To me they are all the same and just slight variations between costumes like we would change clothes.. not a big deal to me at all.

Agreed. I have never paid any attention to the different versions of Vader or Boba Fett in the different films. I will be satisfied with one version of either of those and Chewie as well. Luke, Leia and Han are likely the only ones I would buy multiples of because their looks are more obvious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honestly I don't really see much change to the underlying sculpt across the three movies. I think it really just comes down to the different ways they styled or dyed the hair for the most part.

View attachment 206975

All the same to me but then again i'm the guy who gets in trouble when i don't notice a change in my girlfriends hair :lol

Agreed. I have never paid any attention to the different versions of Vader or Boba Fett in the different films. I will be satisfied with one version of either of those and Chewie as well. Luke, Leia and Han are likely the only ones I would buy multiples of because their looks are more obvious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought Vader looked very different between ANH and ESB. In ANH he had a matt, dirty beat up look but then in ESB he became obviously shinier and seemed more leathery (my young self didn't notice the change in cape arrangement so put it down to more leather). He also seemed shorter in ESB (again I put this down to perception based on the new cape arrangement and in ANH he seemed to be filmed more from a low angle looking up giving a greater height perception whereas ESB was more neutral) To me it was a very distinct difference. Add that to the behavioral differences (he was more animal that needed restraining in ANH, but by empire he seemed more in command of himself) and he was almost a different character. But funnily enough my young self didn't really notice the differences in Boba despite it now being obvious on color changes alone. That said, I also didn't pay huge attention to Boba. I just didn't see what all the fuss was about. Bossk seemed so much cooler.

Chewies changed "look" in RotJ didn't really strike me as a character redesign either. He was introduced in that film as a prisoner so it made sense his normally slicked back head was messy. He just never picked up a comb after they got out of that mess. Plus we had already seen him messed up out in the wilds of Hoth.

attachment.php

HT should've done a better job matching the color of the fur on his face.

All the same to me but then again i'm the guy who gets in trouble when i don't notice a change in my girlfriends hair :lol

D'oh! :lol

That's a dinner and gift mistake there. You could have bought a figure with that money. It
pays to notice the hair style.

I do dinner and gifts for her pretty regularly just because she is awesome. She doesnt get angry if i do not notice but she will give a me a not very serious hard time for a couple days. She knows how i am, her brother was my best friend in high school so we have known each other very well for a long time.

Have not got mine yet but I am wondering if its not a pretty easy job to Airbrush the face to look a tad better.
Had a super quick photoshop run just to see what can be done simply using a lighter color in some places to enhance the facial structure.
CHEWIE 11.jpgCHEWIE 22.jpg

Or maybe one could also use pastels...just my 5 cents

Back