1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's universal so far that everyone who already has the figure thinks he looks great and is really happy to have him.

Good to know! While there's a huge debate going on with changes, I do wonder if they'd make another Chewie or two...I'm thinking they'd need to find more of a reason over just the hair being futzed another way. Something with accessories or something from a certain film, as it's clear that with enough love and care people can make him look like he's from any of the films with this figure!

I may have to pull the trigger.

As others have said, if they do make another it will be a while. This Chewie looks amazing and I can't wait to own it. If they do make a better one in a few years I'm happy to upgrade and take a small hit when selling the first one.

The only other version I can think of is the ESB with c3po in a bag, but that wont happen till they have done a c3po and I bet it would end up being a toy fair special. I also think this figure might of cost a lot to manufacture compared to others, so it might be a long time till Hot toys revisit this guy.

The only other version I can think of is the ESB with c3po in a bag, but that wont happen till they have done a c3po and I bet it would end up being a toy fair special. I also think this figure might of cost a lot to manufacture compared to others, so it might be a long time till Hot toys revisit this guy.

Yeah, I could see that, but then you're adding in at least part of the cost for a broken 1/6 C3PO :lol So yeah, it may make more sense to just nab him now since I already have the rest of the core ANH crew on order, and one Chewie can kind of represent himself throughout any renditions of the other characters that appear!

Good to know! While there's a huge debate going on with changes, I do wonder if they'd make another Chewie or two...I'm thinking they'd need to find more of a reason over just the hair being futzed another way. Something with accessories or something from a certain film, as it's clear that with enough love and care people can make him look like he's from any of the films with this figure!

I may have to pull the trigger.

Yeah I think that's the main issue. There's just not a big enough difference in his look between movies to justify them making a new figure any time soon. His hair might be a bit messier in the other movies, but that's easy enough to achieve with this figure with a simple bit of futzing (as numerous pics in this thread prove).

How come there not selling chewbacca's accessories on eBay?
Like Han and the rest of the hot toys
I would like another head to customise

Yeah I think that's the main issue. There's just not a big enough difference in his look between movies to justify them making a new figure any time soon. His hair might be a bit messier in the other movies, but that's easy enough to achieve with this figure with a simple bit of futzing (as numerous pics in this thread prove).

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too...I'm sure they will do it, but I'm sure they'll do loads of other figures first. Or release an Episode VII Chewie before any of the other original trilogy ones. But even that may be surprising, unless they combo him with Han again. There's just so many figures on the horizon, and so many left for Hot Toys to do, that he's likely a ways off -- if at all. I mean, he pretty much looks the same in Force Awakens! :lol

27A4458100000578-3042308-_Chewy_we_re_home_The_second_trailer_for_Star_Wars_Episode_VII_T-a-4_1429208719940.jpg

How come there not selling chewbacca's accessories on eBay?

Probably because the potential market is so much smaller than with a normal head. You'll need another Chewbacca body to put a loose head on. And you'll need a head to use with a loose body. Human heads and parts are easy to swap around with almost unlimited possibilities.

You'll probably be able to get one loose eventually, but there's little reason for them to be as plentiful and Han's HS or other parts.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too...I'm sure they will do it, but I'm sure they'll do loads of other figures first. Or release an Episode VII Chewie before any of the other original trilogy ones. But even that may be surprising, unless they combo him with Han again. There's just so many figures on the horizon, and so many left for Hot Toys to do, that he's likely a ways off -- if at all. I mean, he pretty much looks the same in Force Awakens! :lol

Well they could always do a ROTS Chewie where he really did look completely different... but who the hell would want one of those?? :lol

27A4458100000578-3042308-_Chewy_we_re_home_The_second_trailer_for_Star_Wars_Episode_VII_T-a-4_1429208719940.jpg
I think we'll see an ESB Chewie, either combo'd with Han or as an individual release. They could go deluxe and add a 3PO w/harness and do a closed mouth headsculpt and a roaring one for when Han is put into Carbonite. Han can come with a Carbonite block and all in that'll be $700 well spent on the pair. Like this figure a lot but I'm holding out for the ESB dream set!

It'd be great if we got closed-mouth and roaring-mouth versions down the line. It'd be such a shame if it meant having to buy three different Chewies, though. :lol

Needs the deluxe treatment.

It'd be great if we got closed-mouth and roaring-mouth versions down the line.

This precisely is the most significant reason I can see for HT making any changes to a Chewbacca release. By the time that rolls around they might change up faux-fur suppliers so there's no guarantee anything will look quite the same as it does now, but the mouth is raison d'être for 2.0

Those are awesome shots! What'd you use to futz his hair? I used a little hair gel and water mixed together to do Selina Kyle's hair, which is definitely different, but it's the only rooted hair figure I own atm!

I think we'll see an ESB Chewie, either combo'd with Han or as an individual release. They could go deluxe and add a 3PO w/harness and do a closed mouth headsculpt and a roaring one for when Han is put into Carbonite. Han can come with a Carbonite block and all in that'll be $700 well spent on the pair. Like this figure a lot but I'm holding out for the ESB dream set!

Yeah, that's when it starts getting crazy! :lol Plus, we always imagine crazy sets, but I'm not sure if they'll always do them. I mean, who knows, they could pop up! Can't hurt to wait if you really would prefer more with him...I'm sure SOMETHING will pop up later! It'd be interesting to see if they do end up making a Carbonite Han, and what they do to add to it to make the sale. I'm sure they'll do Han and Leia from ESB in their gear, with new sculpts, and Luke in Dagobah training gear is pretty much guaranteed. That or Cloud City...or both, possibly! Both would work in their own scenes and setups. I could see Dagobah Luke coming with a busted open Vader mask EX, that'd be pretty awesome!

As for Chewie, yeah, if they did him again it'd probably be a small change...close his mouth and add on a busted up 3PO, and voila, that'd sell. Well, possibly! :lol I think I'd prefer a combo set of both 3PO and R2 whole over spending the extra $100+ on the ESB Chewie that'd come with a broken 3PO. I think I'd be okay with one Chewie, one R2 and one 3PO...Luke, Leia and Han could possibly be the one time I continuously dip, and cover all their variations from the films -- prices pending!

Honestly I don't really see much change to the underlying sculpt across the three movies. I think it really just comes down to the different ways they styled or dyed the hair for the most part.

View attachment 206975

Also, his hair's also actually disheveled in ESB also...it's good to see that this figure really allows him to get any look you want from any of the films that you'd like!

reassemblingc3po.jpg

hancarbonite-740x314.jpg

I only lightly dampened the hair to help free it up, didn't use any products. Just futzed.

I'm sure they'll do Han and Leia from ESB in their gear, with new sculpts, and Luke in Dagobah training gear is pretty much guaranteed. That or Cloud City...or both, possibly! Both would work in their own scenes and setups. I could see Dagobah Luke coming with a busted open Vader mask EX, that'd be pretty awesome!
If they added a diorama like the Cloud City weather vane I think they'd have themselves a nice deluxe offering.

If they added a diorama like the Cloud City weather vane I think they'd have themselves a nice deluxe offering.

Now imagine they put two complete figures in the box and dirtied one of them up a bit to make it look like he'd been fighting? That would definitely make a cool set.

I only lightly dampened the hair to help free it up, didn't use any products. Just futzed.

That's great to hear! A bit of light water, and combing and it looks that good? Major plus and selling point! Kudos! :hi5:

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see where they go with the future releases of characters, be them deluxe or more solo pieces with various outfits. But from the looks of Boba Fett, it seems like they could be offering up neat bases as options as well as the choice to just buy the regular figure! I don't know how often that'll happen, as it suits his character more than most others would work, but it's still nice to see.

Definitely excitement on the horizon with this line, and that's not even counting the huge influx from Episode VII in the next few months!

Now imagine they put two complete figures in the box and dirtied one of them up a bit to make it look like he'd been fighting? That would definitely make a cool set.

So two whole figures? :cuckoo: Never gonna happen. Maybe a couple years ago when prices were a bit more affordable. Missed opportunity, that's for sure.

Back