1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me show you my Wookie.

34a6274cc3c87ba711d99e60df94946b.jpg

5cf1070062ef892f641568d550ec8e74.jpg

b00434ec89059391cc641e2124f197e3.jpg

very nice pics, I like what you did with the hair. Havent had a chance to work on mine.

alot to be done with the figs and background but couldnt wait, had to see how it looked in the detolf.

20150907_151649.jpg

I wonder if they (HT) take into consideration the interior height of Detolfs (which im assuming is the most common display cases out there) when sizing. I dont own any figures close to the size of chewy, but its almost to the top of the detolf. Just a thought.

Those are great shots, Eamon - in slightly contrasty lighting, he photographs really well.

Bummer on the height and I'm guessing there's no easy fix for that. I've found with both SSC and HT figs you can add nearly 1/4" by pulling the footpegs out and inserting a plastic sleeve. But not sure if Chewy has removable feet or even pegs - bit of mystery what he looks like under that furred suit (and no shaved wookiee pics please :lol) And if he's 3/4" too short, 1/4" isn't going to make a huge difference.

It is funny that Vader is basically just a normal over-six-feet-tall person and everyone seems to want to make him this towering over-7' giant and then there's Chewy who IS freakishly tall... and they undersize him.

It's funny because the many times I've met Peter Mayhew he has always said he is 7'4" tall. So it would make sense that chewy would be 7'6" tall with boot feet and mask hair. So at least an inch too short? Wow!

I wonder if they (HT) take into consideration the interior height of Detolfs (which im assuming is the most common display cases out there) when sizing. I dont own any figures close to the size of chewy, but its almost to the top of the detolf. Just a thought.

If that was their strategy then Chewie should've been another half-inch shorter to accommodate the stand :)

Well if you could find a good match for that hair somewhere, it should be easy enough to extend the legs that extra 3/4" and blend the new hair into the gap.

The question is just how hard or easy it is to take that suit off. Does it simply button up in the back somehow? And is it just one piece, or multiple pieces that overlap?

3/4" might be excessive to add only to the legs, might need to put some of that into the torso. Hopefully someone does some further investigation into removing and replacing the fur to check how difficult this might be.

That extra 3/4" isn't worth ripping the figure apart to achieve. He looks just fine posed and displayed with Solo imo. I'm not going to bother.
And most people will likely pose him hunched over with the bow caster anyway so you're not going to notice the height issue anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I don't know, for me his height is ok

474071706-costumes-of-chewbacca-the-wookie-han-solo-gettyimages.jpg

Hot-Toys-Chewbacca-and-Han-Solo-Sixth-Scale-Figures-001-600x851.jpg

(I know there isn't Harrison Ford, but is a mannequin with his proportions..)

The height thing really doesn't bother me that much. He's taller than Han and will be taller than most of the other figures except maybe Vader so I buy his height even if it isn't spot on. I like how things always have to come full circle on this board. It goes from happy with the prototype, worst figure ever because of some bad pictures, most people happy with him in hand, and now back to complaining over his height.

Back