1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone getting a different Han than the Hot Toys version to display with Chewbacca? I was considering getting the Hoth Han to put with Chewie, but I'm unsure if I want to or not still. I'm not feeling the Hot Toys headsculpt as much as some of you are I think and I kind of like the Hoth gear. But then again I've always like the Hoth gear on figures it seems.

My Chewbacca is slated to go into my Hoth 1/6 display with Han, Luke, Snow Trooper, Probe Droid and Tauntaun.

My Chewbacca is slated to go into my Hoth 1/6 display with Han, Luke, Snow Trooper, Probe Droid and Tauntaun.

Awesome! I wish I could afford to have a full blown Hoth display. The last time I tried to look up the snowtroopers for sale, they were pricey. I kind of like the snowtroopers the most out of all of the Empire's troops.

I wish I could afford to have a full blown Hoth display.

I wish I could too. Fortunately (unfortunately?) I bought all these things (other than the Tauntaun which I picked up two weeks ago and Chewie which I'll get in November) when it wasn't an issue, so I'm committed now. ;)

I wish I could too. Fortunately (unfortunately?) I bought all these things (other than the Tauntaun which I picked up two weeks ago and Chewie which I'll get in November) when it wasn't an issue, so I'm committed now. ;)

I wish HT would get off their butts and ship the single figures to SS , it's been 5 weeks since released in Asia

The more I think about the Hoth display with all of the figures, the more I realize it wouldn't work well for me. I do love the idea of it though. I want to display my 1/6 in my detolfs and they wouldn't all fit on a single shelf. I could put them on shelves next to each other, like in side-by-side detolfs. I try to only put 2 or 3 figures on a single shelf so it doesn't look cluttered in there. It all depends on how much room each figure and base takes up. So if I bought Hoth Han, I may stop there with the Hoth figures and just put him with Chewie. I haven't read any reviews on Hoth Luke or even looked at him much to know if he's worth picking up too. I could have all 3, but Hoth Luke isn't really necessary for a display with Chewie and Han.

The more I think about the Hoth display with all of the figures, the more I realize it wouldn't work well for me. I do love the idea of it though. I want to display my 1/6 in my detolfs and they wouldn't all fit on a single shelf. I could put them on shelves next to each other, like in side-by-side detolfs. I try to only put 2 or 3 figures on a single shelf so it doesn't look cluttered in there. It all depends on how much room each figure and base takes up. So if I bought Hoth Han, I may stop there with the Hoth figures and just put him with Chewie. I haven't read any reviews on Hoth Luke or even looked at him much to know if he's worth picking up too. I could have all 3, but Hoth Luke isn't really necessary for a display with Chewie and Han.
Hoth Luke is equally impressive to Hoth Han. And one benefit of getting both is that SS stupidly put a larger body on Hoth Luke and a smaller body on Han, but you can easily swap them if you get both. But yeah, Luke isn't necessary if you're just aiming to put Chewie with Han. If you want matching stands you might need to ditch Han's snow base in favor of a simple stand like the Snowtrooper had as I'm not sure Chewie will fit in a detolf on the new larger style stand. Or you could simply ditch the stands altogether and put the snow part around Han for scenery.

one benefit of getting both is that SS stupidly put a larger body on Hoth Luke and a smaller body on Han, .

Unfortunately that's not necessarily the case as it's actually pretty random. You may get one taller than the other or both the same size. Ooops!

Unfortunately that's not necessarily the case as it's actually pretty random. You may get one taller than the other or both the same size. Ooops!

I got a total of 5 I think (3 Hans and 2 Lukes) at various points and those were all consistently reversed, but they were all exclusives and I do recall some of the early non-EX batches that others got being different (like you said).

I went through 4 bodies total. 2 brand new exclusive Hans and 1 Exclusive Luke direct from Sideshow and a replacement body for Luke. Blue Han and Luke on the same body, replacement body the same as well (1.0). Brown Han slightly taller but haven't removed his clothes to check body - either same one or the taller one. I've since moved Luke to a shorter and thinner body that I further shortened but haven't done anything with Han yet.

Also you can see 2x tall and 2x short from other photos here in the forum and FB. Maybe it's not quite random, but there was no telling what you'd get at any point in time for any particular figure, so close enough for me. ;)

This looks like a 1.1 to me.

You're right, I'd forgotten about that one. Ok, 1 Han probably on that same body (because my blue wasn't the same as my brown) and the replacement body sent to me for Luke was definitely not the same as the smashed up one.

My 2-pack arrived today,and I am a very contented man.The Solo sculpt is dead on,much better than the pix would make you believe(my wife concurs). Chewie is very nice;I don't think he needs a lot of futzing,but I'll set him up next to my computer so I can read the thread as I work.I did manage to break a wrist peg,but it was my own damn fault, and I'm pretty sure I can get the peg out of the hand and install an unbroken replacement.Pix when I get a chance...PS

Back