1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome pics, man. Not at all tired of photos of these two. Anxious for the singles to start shipping.

C'mon already, Sideshow!

Does anyone else notice that the fur on some of the Chewies seems to be wavy, and some seem to be straighter and "dryer" looking - as if he really needs to use some conditioner?

Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

Who said Chewbacca was too short a few pages back? Looks about perfect next to Han in Darkness's shots ...

He made Han shorter by putting in shorter ankle pegs. But it does look about perfect when that's been done. Also Han apparently was a tiny bit too short to begin with.

Does anyone else notice that the fur on some of the Chewies seems to be wavy, and some seem to be straighter and "dryer" looking - as if he really needs to use some conditioner?

I think that just comes down to how people are futzing the hair. I happen to think it looks better when it's not so flattened down or straightened out (even for his ANH look), but everyone likes it a bit different I guess.

Well, I have finally had the chance to collect and open my 2-pack! I am new to Hot Toys (apart from the recent Stormtroopers) and these are probably the most "high-end" items in my 20-plus years of collection - and while these figures aren't "perfect", I love them!! :)

IMG_1489.jpg

I haven't had much of a chance to futz - I've mostly been checking my figures for issues - of which I have two minor ones - the Stormtrooper blaster exclusive has a bend at one end (an obvious productions issue) and my Han has some small marks on his forehead that appear to be glue spillage - they are quite minor, but once seen... I am going to contact Sideshow about both.

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

I think that the Han sculpt is pretty close to the Han we saw in ANH, but not a dead-on likeness, and I feel that the facial expression is a bit odd - it's like Han is a bit sad or something. The costume is great, despite a few minor production flaws which affect how certain parts of the costume sit. I'm really not a fan of his boots though - they look wrong and I can't help but feel that the material used will deteriorate too quickly. As I am unfamiliar with Hot Toys bodies, I removed Han's garments. I'm actually a bit surprised at the articulation - it seems a bit limited, but in fact, he can do quite a few poses. Plus, he could go shirtless and still look good, if you wanted to pose him that way.

IMG_1491.jpg

Chewie isn't as awesome as the first images (which I NOW know is to be expected...), but is still pretty amazing and, despite his shortcomings (no pun intended - he seem correctly-sized to me!), I am super glad to have this Chewbacca in my collection!!! The fur on mine seems somewhere between the curly and the straight that I posted about earlier. I guess I prefer the curlier look, but hopefully a bit of a good futz will help. The fur does seem a bit dark in his face. I'm still getting to know his articulation, but so far he has done pretty much whatever I'd want a Chewbacca to do :)

IMG_1490.jpg

I'm pretty afraid to break the wrist pegs - and have pretty much just chosen my favourite default pair of hands for each and intend to leave them like that for now!

In summary, I love these figures and am so glad to have them in my collection (despite the outrageous Aussie dollar!!!) - now hurry up the rest of the OT characters!!! :)

Back