1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see that PayPal is an option for Han and Chewy. I thought you couldn't use PayPal for pre-order items?

There are only two conditions where you can't use PayPal: Wait-List and pre-order products with unknown (non-flat) shipping. In-stock items and pre-orders with specific shipping amounts are good to go.

Thanks,piper. The the no PayPal with PO was a a policy at one time,right? I could have swore.

That may have been a limitation of the way their site was set up at one point, but I remember them saying that even though the online cart couldn't handle PayPal (at one time) you could email them to take care of it. Funnily now that the site has been updated, they can't seem to do anything manually with PayPal anymore (like charge a converted wait-list item, charge a newly in-stock pre-order balance, etc.)

Looks phenomenal, Para! It's amazing how far this figure can come in the hands of collectors who dispense the love so eagerly. It all the difference. And as a side note, the professional futzers at HT and SS should resign and turn over their responsibilities to real collectors chosen from submissions from customers... Just a thought.

Para by the time I receive my single Chewbacca from Sideshow your Chewy might have dust sitting on top of it and your moved on to the next new SW HT release! (Still waiting patiently here). Great shots man!!!

Someone said that the face coloring is what is putting them off - and you're 100% correct.

As you can see, all I've added in photoshop is the correct facial hair coloring - the eyes, nose, mouth is exactly the same as the original photo.

So if anyone has the ability to do this practically on their figure - he could be absolutely jaw-dropping!

(Hope you don't mind me pinching your photo Matrix?)

So where's all the artists and clever customisers? I need to know how to get my Chewie to look like Mandibles pic. Dry brush? How did Hot Toys get the shades on his fur on the body?

Chewie would be amazing if we could add lighter highlights to the face.

So where's all the artists and clever customisers? I need to know how to get my Chewie to look like Mandibles pic. Dry brush? How did Hot Toys get the shades on his fur on the body?

Chewie would be amazing if we could add lighter highlights to the face.
i would guess some chalk powder applied with a massacre brush but you would need to seal it with something, artists fixative spray?
paint would be to harzardous, to thick and get the wrong spot your screwed, pastels dust at least could be wiped off until sealed if you apply to much

I want to see people performing all these experiments. Personally, I think the pastel route will produce a mess and that the only thing that's got any chance of working very well is dry brushing or airbrushing. But as long as everyone else is going at it first, go nuts, let's see what sticks and what doesn't. ;)

How much was Chewbacca? I SERIOUSLY can't believe at that price point everyone just doesn't return the figure. If they can't get hair color right no amount of makeup is going to fix it! We shouldn't have to run the risk of messing up a $250+ rooted hair figure. Only returns and refusing to accept a final product that drops the ball will eventually correct HT quality control. 😡

With that said Han looks pretty good 👍🏽

How much was Chewbacca? I SERIOUSLY can't believe at that price point everyone just doesn't return the figure. If they can't get hair color right no amount of makeup is going to fix it! We shouldn't have to run the risk of messing up a $250+ rooted hair figure. Only returns and refusing to accept a final product that drops the ball will eventually correct HT quality control. ��

With that said Han looks pretty good ����

You'd return Chewy but you like Han?

Back