1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've come a long way from hasbro..
attachment.php

That Hasbro Chewie looks like it was cobbled together from dried out, 10-year-old beef jerky.

Just got an email. My final payment got pushed to the 15th. Damn you sideshow! I want my Chewie NOW!!!

MMMMMMMMMMM Teriyaki Chewy beef jerky no wonder why they call it messin with sasquatch. :lol Now i why we cant find him he's already bagged n tagged at the piggly wiggly grocery store :lol

That Hasbro Chewie looks like it was cobbled together from dried out, 10-year-old beef jerky.

Well, to be fair, that Hasbro Chewy IS ten years old, but it is weird that Hasbro did a 3-3/4" Chewy in that same era that sorta captures Chewy better than the HT head does (mustard stains aside.:lol)

If they had just blown this up to 12" scale like they've been doing the last few years, this 2004 sculpt with a bit more detail and much better paint (especially the teeth :lol) would have been a passable - sculpted - 1/6 Chewy.

votc04chewbaccafront.jpg

Looks like one of the Bee Gees!

You mean the HT or the Hasbro?:rotfl

Barry Gibb was undoubtedly one of the styling influences for Chewy. Hey, it was the late 70's and hair was in - look at Hamill and Ford's 'do's. This from some bogus news site:

arts_052100_chewie.jpg

The word from Hollywood is George Lucas is looking to cast Bee Gee's frontman Barry Gibb to play Chewbacca in the latest Star Wars film. Lucas believes that Gibb resembles the Wookie so perfectly that there is no need for a costume or makeup. This is a good thing because it looks like the film has already gone over its budget. In an attempt to save more money, Lucas is even considering using Gibb's natural voice as Chewbacca's voice. But Gibb's high vocal chords may anger Star Wars purists.

:lol

Ive used an airbrush to add color to hair before it works pretty good but this Chewbacca has a different type of hair. If I ever pick one up I'm going to airbrush the color in

Two pack arrived today. I thought Chewie would be my favorite of the two, it's actually Han so far. The likeness is good in person.

IMG_0356.JPG

Edit: I definitely need to make some more space in my display cases for them. It's getting crowded in there.

Someone said that the face coloring is what is putting them off - and you're 100% correct.

As you can see, all I've added in photoshop is the correct facial hair coloring - the eyes, nose, mouth is exactly the same as the original photo.

So if anyone has the ability to do this practically on their figure - he could be absolutely jaw-dropping!

(Hope you don't mind me pinching your photo Matrix?)

I'm trying to speak but nothing is coming out of my mouth...

Someone get this SOB to Jake Rahmier on the double! :panic:

That beef Jerky looks "Chewy."

:lol

Back