1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you elaborate how you modded the pegs? I want to add height to my Chewie. And Im not scared to try the airbrush on the fur if createx paint will actually stick to the fur.

I didn't mod anything,i'm just showing that extra height can be added by extended the foot pegs and neck joint. The stock pegs are way too short to be secure,in the pic i have them pulled out as far as they can just to demonstrate how it looks. Longer pegs would be needed for a more secure fit. The face fur is not a big issue for me as for some,yes it could be a tad lighter but chewie looked a little darker in ANH promo pics which i think HT used for reference not only for this fig but the whole ANH line. When you have this guy in natural light he looks fantastic:)

I just received mine and I absolutely love it. Hot Toys have done a truly outstanding job on this figure. I never thought I'd own a Chewie figure with real fur that looks as good as this one. It's ignited a fire in me to get the other heroes. Han, Luke, Leia on pre-order and Tamashii Nations C-3PO will soon be joining the Sideshow R2. Great figures! (Sorry for the horrible camera phone photos).

20151011_110221 - Copy.jpg

20151011_110313 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
I just received mine and I absolutely love it. Hot Toys have done a truly outstanding job on this figure. I never thought I'd own a Chewie figure with real fur that looks as good as this one. It's ignited a fire in me to get the other heroes. Han, Luke, Leia on pre-order and Tamashii Nations C-3PO will soon be joining the Sideshow R2. Great figures! (Sorry for the horrible camera phone photos).

View attachment 216391

View attachment 216392
Great pictures! Did you order just the single pack chewie? Is SSC shipping this guy now?

I have a question for those who are lucky enough to have this at home. Does the fur on the head look like it could be freed and removed ? I plan to sculpt another head with a better shape and transfer it over to that. It looks like the nose could be removed but other than that I'm shooting in the dark.

I have a question for those who are lucky enough to have this at home. Does the fur on the head look like it could be freed and removed ? I plan to sculpt another head with a better shape and transfer it over to that. It looks like the nose could be removed but other than that I'm shooting in the dark.

Hi Paul, hope you have been well. I should be receiving mine next week, I'll let you know once I get it. Let me know if you want any close ups pics or such. If anyone can resculpt it, it's you. I look forward to what you come up with.
Cheers!

Back