1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my charging soon notice for Han and Chewie, doesn't the shipping soon one I got a couple days ago tell me the same thing? I'm still taken aback by how many emails I get from SS telling me I bought something from them.

Yeah I just got that too. This notice tells you the specific day, I guess for those people who are still scrambling to get their funds together (although if that's the case, you probably should not be buying expensive 1/6 figures in the first place!)

Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

Yeah I just got that too. This notice tells you the specific day, I guess for those people who are still scrambling to get their funds together (although if that's the case, you probably should not be buying expensive 1/6 figures in the first place!)

Yeah, the last one told me Tuesday as well (approximately). Just hold off on that one if this one has the more important info. How about a dual processing and shipping notice. The first one tells you to make sure you have the right CC and shipping info, the second one tells you to make sure you have money. :lol

Your pre-order of the Chewbacca - Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope - Sixth Scale Figure (Hot Toys) (902267) will be arriving into our U.S. warehouse in approximately 6 days at which time we will charge your card for the item. Please review your shipping address and payment information (shown below) at this time to be sure they are correct before (approximately) Tuesday, October 13, 2015. If you need to make any changes or updates you must do so directly on your order through your online account. You can sign into your account by Clicking this Link to your account history.

We will begin processing all orders for Chewbacca - Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope - Sixth Scale Figure (Hot Toys) (902267) on Tuesday, October 13, 2015. We ask that you have the funds available on your credit card by this date to ensure the successful processing and shipment of your order. Please review your shipping address and payment information (shown below) at this time to be sure they are correct. If you need to make any changes or updates you must do so directly on your order through your online account. You can sign into your account by Clicking this Link to your account history.

I'm sure none of us can imagine how many declined charges they get every month. This is the magic that converted wait-lists are made of.

I feel like a fat kid on a treadmill with sideshow hangin my Han & Chew toy order in front of me never to get a early E-mail processing notice it's funny as hell my great great great grandma got a e-mail and she's not alive or even a fan.:slap:lol Just want my damn toys sideshow.:gah::lol

Last edited:
Mandible, I think you should read the entire conversation again, I don't think anyone but one person insinuated anything negative in your regards.
He said you should've been called out for being disingenuous BS, whereas most rational people me included said it was most likely an unclarity of words/description in regards to what had been done to the picture. Some people have an uncanny ability here to jump ship when the water is coming in. It's all there for you to see/read yourself, unless he has started deleting or editing posts after the fact which he has been known to do. :lol
:duff
And nice PS I'm a commercial PS user myself.

Thanks Rory. Admittedly I didn't read the whole thing as I just wanted to "put out the fire" as quickly as possible so everyone could chill out.

I'd love to know how to make some dollars out of PS - I've taught myself for a bit of fun :)

Got my notice for this also, good timing, Canadian dollar got a bit better this week

1_zps6lhmw4ra.jpg
2_zps0xlbigoo.jpg

Two of the better Chewy pics I've seen - got a lot of ginger Chewy fur in there.

Is that just with a bit of hair gel to mold the hair?

One other question - does Chewy's head pop off? Do the feet pop off? Or is the whole thing essentially sealed by the fur?

Two of the better Chewy pics I've seen - got a lot of ginger Chewy fur in there.

Is that just with a bit of hair gel to mold the hair?

One other question - does Chewy's head pop off? Do the feet pop off? Or is the whole thing essentially sealed by the fur?

Great questions! I got my notice, as well. I want to be armed and ready to do mods to Chewie as soon as he arrives.

Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

We know the head pops off--I believe Matrix said it's easier to futz with the head off, doesn't seem like Sideshow knows this though as they sent the whole body and heady to someone that had a problem with their Chewie head.

Not sure about the feet, though I remember seeing the ball joint on one as if it does just pop out.

Last edited:
For anyone who's interested chewies head and feet(foot fur needs to be trimmed) pop off pretty easy and with a little modding to the foot pegs and neck joint around a 1/4inch can be added to his height. In the bottom pic he's standing at 14 and 1/2 with the foots pegs extended as far as they can without seeing the gap. The leg fur can be then pulled down to hide this gap. I'm pretty happy with chewies height stock but it's nice to have options:) View attachment 216126View attachment 216128View attachment 216127

For anyone who's interested chewies head and feet(foot fur needs to be trimmed) pop off pretty easy and with a little modding to the foot pegs and neck joint around a 1/4inch can be added to his height. In the bottom pic he's standing at 14 and 1/2 with the foots pegs extended as far as they can without seeing the gap. The leg fur can be then pulled down to hide this gap. I'm pretty happy with chewies height stock but it's nice to have options:) View attachment 216126View attachment 216128View attachment 216127

Can you elaborate how you modded the pegs? I want to add height to my Chewie. And Im not scared to try the airbrush on the fur if createx paint will actually stick to the fur.

Back