1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Were you at least charged?

Nope they Sideshow doesnt like me lol not any early e-mails nothing ordered day 1 single's pack's on flex set for 25th. I'll be AAAAAMazed if see them this month. Again Congrats! to All getting very soon.

I'm quite shocked how quickly Sideshow charged me and then shipped -- all within a few hours. UPS has already picked them up.

I'll be picking up Han and Chewbacca tomorrow after lunch (PST)... so my reactions will be posted by late afternoon tomorrow. I don't expect any massive change of opinion from what we've all heard so far.

I'm quite shocked how quickly Sideshow charged me and then shipped -- all within a few hours. UPS has already picked them up.

I'll be picking up Han and Chewbacca tomorrow after lunch (PST)... so my reactions will be posted by late afternoon tomorrow. I don't expect any massive change of opinion from what we've all heard so far.

Looking forward to your pics sir!
Finally the han and chewie 2 pks are shipping, and when mine arrives..."Chewie, we're home!!!"

OK, picked up Chewbacca and Han Solo... opened them up... and ready for my FIRST IMPRESSIONS Report... here we go...

My initial impressions are a mixed bag.

GOOD:
1) it's a Chewbacca figure! That alone is impressive.

2) The height on this -- mine stands 14 3/4 inches without any modding -- is great. I see no issue or real need for more height next to Solo.

3) The fur is nicely matted and seems easy to work with, much moreso than I was expecting. Yes the chin is glued down but even with my fingers I got a little lift out of it. Will take some working as expected.

4) the gear is awesome, what little there is. Nicely detailed as expected.

5) hands swapped out easy for me.

6) figure stands well and feels sturdy -- not heavy, but it holds its pose and I don't feel its going to tip over in time.

BAD: here we go...
1) this figure is very dark. Too dark. Unfortunately dark. Pictures make it look lighter in hand than what I received. Could be mine. The face is so dark I do not see how I could lighten it (whether bleaching or by mixing in lighter hair).

2) the bag is a bit short. Not horrendous but I do wish it hung down another inch. Might be worth picking up an additional bag and adding the length.

Of the two figures, I found myself much more pleased with Han Solo than Chewbacca. Han really doesn't require much futzing at all out of the box, which certainly makes him more appealing on first impressions. Chewbacca will take some work to get it looking like some of the other players on this board.

But the dark face is a big disappointment for me.

Yes, where he should be charcoal gray and brown, he's black and mahogany.

That said, there's still a color difference -- I don't want to freak anyone out. It's just darker than I personally was expecting.

Back