1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm waiting on some people to run some hair experiments on chewie. Looking forward to seeing what can be done.

Loving those unfutzed pictures of Chewie, Wor (as even at his 'worst' he looks good). Pretty smart of you and Tali to buy separately so that you can sell one or the other off w/o breaking up the set. If I had a display ready to go right now, I think I'd have done the same; anticipating selling ANH Han for a Bespin version down the track but having a nice set-up in the meantime. I've really come around on Chewie. Initially I was hoping for an even better figure with a different portrait option (closed mouth/smile), but this figure is all around pretty impressive and I imagine even better in-hand.

I think BBTS will be a while, yet. SSC is their distributor so will only send on to BBTS after they've taken care of all their direct purchases, I'd assume.

I'm waiting on some people to run some hair experiments on chewie. Looking forward to seeing what can be done.

I'm going to cut off some of the darker hair and try bleach on it today.

Thanks for the quick review, WG. I actually think your Chewie looks pretty good, despite you not futzing it!

Don't get me wrong -- the figure is tons of fun in hand, and all the more so because its Chewbacca! He's mighty and very tall and lanky and furry and ... FUN!

Just dark.

I imagine even better in-hand.

In this case, at least my figure, looks darker in hand. So in a way, better in pictures. Hard to explain -- it's like the Matrix, you must experience for yourself.

I'd say the color looks better in pictures because the way the light bounces off the fur. But the figure as a whole does, as always, look better in hand in its actual scale.

Bad news: bleach doesn't seem to do anything.

I tried regular out-of-the-bottle bleach and a bleach pen with no results on a piece of the dark hair.

Anyone have any other remedies for lightening material. I do not have any lemon juice.

maxresdefault.jpg

"Oh come on..."

tumblr_n4cyztWZVB1s2wio8o1_500.gif

Bad news: bleach doesn't seem to do anything.

Pigment is the only option suitable for acrylic man, we've discussed all this before. UV will also discolor acrylic, but you can't easily control the pattern and have no control over the resulting color(s).

Get any other piece of faux fur and start practising your dry or air brushing. ;)

I guess it was bound to happen to me sooner or later - got a figure with a broken wrist peg. Chewie's right hand has the tip stuck in the wrist, so I've requested a new hand and peg from Sideshow.

Chewie3.jpg

He looks pretty good in person, but MAN! That snout! Gonna take some serious futzing to make this look the way I want it. :(

EMERGENCY REPORT ******** EMERGENCY REPORT

Do NOT use fire on Chewbacca. I tried to burn the hair lighter and the whole thing torched right up!

I'm joking of course. Hope someone had a laugh for a moment.

I have been futzing and I must tell everyone that the overall coloring does seem to lighten up considerably once you start pulling and separating bunches of hair. I guess it is the way the light hits the figure. I'm very happy with the way this figure is shaping up.

Everyone needs to be very cautious and gentle when separating the glued chin-hair... otherwise you will end up with a lot of powdery broken-up glue bits all worked into your fur. Just go slow. The fur is very manageable. You can even get a slightly lighter color by working the fur on the cheeks and brows (though nothing like that PS photo).

I can't believe I got my Chewie before MicroJaw.

Everyone needs to be very cautious and gentle when separating the glued chin-hair... otherwise you will end up with a lot of powdery broken-up glue bits all worked into your fur. Just go slow. The fur is very manageable. You can even get a slightly lighter color by working the fur on the cheeks and brows (though nothing like that PS photo).

How did we all get here? What's this hobby doing to us?:rotfl

Back