1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just put my order in for Rey so setting up my display for the next few figures.
Just a quick mock up for now.

5f194c251c78df401c7dc5c717d3e6e9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I have to agree that the more I moved and pulled (gently) the hair, the more it became lighter. There's like a hairspray holding it in place that makes it darker but once I started rubbing strands of hair using my index and thumb (like playing a small violin, LOL) the hairs became loose and started to become lighter in color.

Yours is much lighter that the other even in this thread.

It is possible the spray you referred to ruined the hair color?

Yours is much lighter that the other even in this thread.

It is possible the spray you referred to ruined the hair color?

I don't think so. I remember the hair being dark right out of the box. I have to mention that I've been messing with the hair for several days since I got it. I had not taken a picture because I wasn't happy with the hair until today.

My theory is that the hair spray it comes with turns it dark, but when you separate the hair by combing or rubbing, the lighter color comes back. It's kind of like when a blonde hair person wets their hair and it turns darker. When it dries it goes back to blonde. But if they apply hair spray or gel, the wet look makes it go dark and stays like that until they rinse off the hair product. I don't know if I'm making sense?

Last edited:
I was on the WL for single Chewie and got converted. When did you go on the WL? I got on the same day it went to WL cause I was watching it like a hawk cause I figured that would happen.

Armymedic1980, which figure did you go on the waitlist for (the Chewie single or the two-pack?) and what date was that?

Here is a quick and less than impressive shot I grabbed of Chewie this week. Ambient/diffused lighting makes the fur look much better than "standard" studio lighting, but that face is WAY darker than it looks in person... Wonder if this apparent disconnect is what makes people think the there are two versions out there.

l1Vlxp.jpg

Back