1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But don't you remember? He gets shot at the start and is slowly dying over the course of the film but then gets blown to bits at the end by a purple space bazooka before he can peacefully pass on.

It was a masterful scene full of pathos. Full credit to JJ's skill. While it was sad I couldn't help but laugh when that Riot Trooper returned at the end and shot Finn in the ass with his purple space bazooka.

I was slightly put off by the fake looking digital blood splatter, but other than that it was a very moving and well handled death scene.

And maybe it was a bit far fetched that when he fell dead into the lava he dragged Rey, Leia, Chewie, Poe, R2-D2 and C-3PO down with him.

I thought at least one of them would've been able to untie the rope holding them all together.

Poe's final thumbs up to BB-8 brought a tear to my eye.

giphy.gif

:monkey2

I don't think you guys were at Star Wars. Must be scenes from the all-male review playing down the street on which you all live. Not that I know anything about said review, but that someone must have told me something about...

:pfft::pfft::pfft:

:rotfl

Best looking shot I have seen. See. Him in person at Toy Sapians in Japan. Yours looks like the muzzle area hair is lighter (not light enough for my tastes but better)

Did you mod him? I would like to see a mod that gets the hair lighter around his nose and eyes

i think they all are the same, I have several chewies one from the first run production two pack and a single that are the exact same. The trick is to get the light fur out from being buried fresh from the box. The light fur can be combed to stand out in the front of his body but it does need to be styled.

There is a tamiya model weathering kit (Salmon, Caramel, chestnut) that has two earthy brown tones that can be used to lighten the fur if it bugs you that much, just needs dabbed on the muzzle and combed a bit to lighten the face. Not that difficult.

Best looking shot I have seen. See. Him in person at Toy Sapians in Japan. Yours looks like the muzzle area hair is lighter (not light enough for my tastes but better)

Did you mod him? I would like to see a mod that gets the hair lighter around his nose and eyes

Thank you. No mods at all. And all the hair futzing has been done with my fingers. It did take me a while. And I pulled the beard hairs down to minimize the muzzle. The only thing that is bothering me, is a strand of hairs on his left mustache that is super light color and stands out a lot. Maybe not a lot in the picture but in person you can see it. I tried separating the hairs but it's like they are stuck together by some hairspay. I will try brushing it to try and separate the hairs and see if that helps it not standing out too much, or I might just have to actually paint that strand. Anyway, that's still nothing compared to how great this figure is. I'm very happy with it.

i think they all are the same, I have several chewies one from the first run production two pack and a single that are the exact same. The trick is to get the light fur out from being buried fresh from the box. The light fur can be combed to stand out in the front of his body but it does need to be styled.

There is a tamiya model weathering kit that has two earthy sand tones that can be used to lighten the fur if it bugs you that much, just needs dabbed on the muzzle and combed a bit to lighten the face. Not that difficult.

I have to agree that the more I moved and pulled (gently) the hair, the more it became lighter. There's like a hairspray holding it in place that makes it darker but once I started rubbing strands of hair using my index and thumb (like playing a small violin, LOL) the hairs became loose and started to become lighter in color.

Last edited:
Back