1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone.

My contribution.
I did some futzing and did a subtle head repaint by brushing acrylic paint yesterday.
I was fortunate to match his lighter fur on the rest the body the first try. So now he has a more accurate color scheme to the original prop. Lighter face. Darker mustache and upper part of his head without overdoing it.

Next I'm going to darken around his eyes and possibly paint the eyes blue.

Not the best pics, so lets here some constructive criticism.

Looks great - did you dry brush, or put the paint wet? And I'm assuming if it's wet it's very watery/thinned out?

Looks great - did you dry brush, or put the paint wet? And I'm assuming if it's wet it's very watery/thinned out?

It was very thinned wet paint. Barely any paint on the brush. It took a lot of strokes and letting it dry and running a fine comb so it wouldn't clump together. At first it didn't look like it was working, but after about 1/2hr of repeating the strokes and drying, it finally started to show. Repeat the process for 45mins.

I might continue again today to see if I can lighten it up a bit more.

It was very thinned wet paint. Barely any paint on the brush. It took a lot of strokes and letting it dry and running a fine comb so it wouldn't clump together. At first it didn't look like it was working, but after about 1/2hr of repeating the strokes and drying, it finally started to show. Repeat the process for 45mins.

I might continue again today to see if I can lighten it up a bit more.

Thanks. Just Tamiya/modellers acrylics? Or something more high end like artists paint?

And yeah as Grevious mentions - what colors did you use?

what color did you use. I have a golden honey paint but I don't know if that`s going to be to light or what color of brown to look for

I used these
image.jpg

Nice to see people finally admitting to this figures major fault. And addressing it nicely.....shame it has to be painted to make it look good...but whatever works

That's not all that's coming your way. :) But let me warn you... Don't let his appearance when you first open the box shock you, just push through it, take him out and immediately tussle the fur a bit.

Oh I can't wait! My Star Wars collection is really about to go up a notch!

I may have just bought Leia too. This is what happens when you are sat in an airport for a couple of hours with nothing else to do.
I am actually looking forward to the futzing. Sure I love when I figure looks amazing out of the box, but being able to add touches to improve it is really satisfying and fun too. I will be attempting to emulate some of the work here!

Hi everyone.

My contribution.
I did some futzing and did a subtle head repaint by brushing acrylic paint yesterday.
I was fortunate to match his lighter fur on the rest the body the first try. So now he has a more accurate color scheme to the original prop. Lighter face. Darker mustache and upper part of his head without overdoing it.

Next I'm going to darken around his eyes and possibly paint the eyes blue.

Not the best pics, so lets here some constructive criticism.

View attachment 249007

View attachment 249008
View attachment 249009
View attachment 249010
View attachment 249011

Looks great, nice job.

It does take quite a bit of work to get him to look right, but its well worth it.

Nice to see people finally admitting to this figures major fault. And addressing it nicely.....shame it has to be painted to make it look good...but whatever works

I'm planning to fix mine (soon) but this one is a bit like the SSC Snowie - every time I go to grab it to fix, I look at it and say "it looks fine.":lol

It really does look worse in pics for some reason, though I will be fixing the fur color.

Is that eBay seller really LotO? I am not sure how I feel about that then. I know as a business (or just as a person) they should be allowed to sell their stock for however much they like, but something just doesn't sit right with me about that. Sold Out usually means none left, not "Sold as many as I want to at normal price, but now lets see what I can get for these last ones, mwahahahaha!"

Is that eBay seller really LotO? I am not sure how I feel about that then. I know as a business (or just as a person) they should be allowed to sell their stock for however much they like, but something just doesn't sit right with me about that. Sold Out usually means none left, not "Sold as many as I want to at normal price, but now lets see what I can get for these last ones, mwahahahaha!"

Yep, it's in their legal info on their eBay page.

Was it ever confirmed that the eyes and mouth were separate inserts ? I'm on the verge of customising my Chewie to look like he did in ANH so any pointers or tips would be greatly appreciated.( Involving reshaping the whole muzzle )

They're doing a second run of Chewie, Han and Obi-Wan Kenobi according to the Facebook page of Big Chief Studios, a British company. You can preorder them now.

Back