1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're doing a second run of Chewie, Han and Obi-Wan Kenobi according to the Facebook page of Big Chief Studios, a British company. You can preorder them now.

Could be a Big Chief-only volume purchase, so it's going to be best for collectors in the UK. GBP230 ($326) with VAT or about GBP192 ($273) without for Chewy. Not terrible.

Could be a Big Chief-only volume purchase, so it's going to be best for collectors in the UK.

Yeah, although they did the same thing for Vader and now he's getting a wide release. They don't seem like a massive company so I doubt they'd be getting a special run all to themselves.

Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

Could be a Big Chief-only volume purchase, so it's going to be best for collectors in the UK. GBP230 ($326) with VAT or about GBP192 ($273) without for Chewy. Not terrible.

Websites here in Sweden have them up for preorder again aswell with a release date in september. So a rerelease is looking likely.

I pre-ordered my Chewie with BigChief. The shipping costs are usually very reasonable. I rather pay extra 23 dollars than 500+.

They don't seem like a massive company so I doubt they'd be getting a special run all to themselves.

Hot Toys is a tiny company themselves. :) I recently read Big Chief had some distribution agreement with Hot Toys, but I haven't looked into the particulars yet.

Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

I wonder if collectors will get angry at Hot Toys now since these were supposed to be limited releases. Saw a bit of that in the probe droid thread.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

I wonder if collectors will get angry at Hot Toys now since these were supposed to be limited releases.

They were? I didn't see the memo. :) Even the releases HT advertises as "Limited" aren't really that limited. The closest thing they get to limited is a lottery-based special event one-off colorway or pack-in (remember that limited/exclusive FO Stormtrooper squad leader? - the BS stand was the only thing limited.) Besides that, anything available via Sideshow and their normal retail channels is an open edition.

If I had bought a few of these to turn around and scalp at high prices I'd be pissed too (and selling them quick before most people find out they'll be able to get them again), otherwise, no.

Saw it too. My retailer did not get stock and I lost my initial order, so this works out I guess.

Just got an email from PoPculture saying they have chewie, Han, Obi Wan and E-Web blaster up for pre order be quick.

Popcultcha. Australia?s largest online store of ?pop culture? merchandise

It's in Australia so you have to set it to US dollars (or wherever you're from) and add it to cart to see the real price as it knocks off the Australian tax from the base price when you add your shipping destination.

Ah... popcultcha.... that is what threw me off as he posted popculture. We have a popculturezone site in the USA. Thanks!!

I am still hoping that someone in the USA will be getting them.

So is Sideshow getting these as well? I wish they would just freaking tell us, I'd like to earn reward points and give them my money and not someone overseas.

Back