1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah... popcultcha....
I am still hoping that someone in the USA will be getting them.
I ordered the Episode IV Stormtrooper two-pack from Popcultcha this past November. I live in Texas, and they arrived fairly quick, with the entire shipper box double wrapped in bubble wrap. I was impressed, and I highly recommend them.

Sent from the bat cave

So sideshow has him on a wait list. Anybody have any success with receiving wait list items?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sideshow has him on a wait list. Anybody have any success with receiving wait list items?

I've had items convert from waitlist fairly quick, and others never convert... I think it will be based on the demand, and Chewie is highly sought-after. Hopefully with this new run, everyone on the waitlist will convert.

Sent from the bat cave

I've had items convert from waitlist fairly quick, and others never convert... I think it will be based on the demand, and Chewie is highly sought-after. Hopefully with this new run, everyone on the waitlist will convert.

Sent from the bat cave

That's good to hear. Thanks

Has there been any confirmation this new run will be making it to North America?

I ordered from Popcultcha and BigChief already. I was holding out to see if SSC would have them up for pre-order, but so far just waitlist. Not sure if they were up for waitlist before yesterday so that might be a sign, but why not just wait til they can sell the pre-orders? They're a major partner of HT, I can't imagine if this is a second run, that they wouldn't have them, but why the delay?

As far as opinions on whether this is a good thing or not, I think it's a good thing for everyone. Yes, your figure may be less rare but if there is this much more demand that means that at least some of these people are new to the hobby. We all know that you can't buy just one (or two, or seventeen...)! More people in the hobby, more demand for figures, accessories, etc. More money for HT hopefully means even better products down the line, so everyone should benefit. Still going to be plenty of rare stuff out there.

Chewy is still relegated to SSC's Product Archive and has been stuck with the same waitlist status for a long time - I don't know when they finally turn that option off. Maybe some people are still flexing.

I'm thinking this is just a European/Australian re-supply at this time. If you can place a pre-order without NRD, I'd say go for it and don't risk not getting the figure by waiting for the listing to go pre-order at SSC.

Chewy is still relegated to SSC's Product Archive and has been stuck with the same waitlist status for a long time - I don't know when they finally turn that option off. Maybe some people are still flexing.

I'm thinking this is just a European/Australian re-supply at this time. If you can place a pre-order without NRD, I'd say go for it and don't risk not getting the figure by waiting for the listing to go pre-order at SSC.

Maybe for this moment but no way will they reissue these only to Europe...but it is odd SS here isn't blaring the trumpets right now...

Just to note. The Lair Of The Octopus is not the same as the badds99 eBay user id. If you check our website we do advise this in the About Us page. The Lair Of The Octopus purchases all it's sixth scale figures from a wholesaler in America and sells them all with the same fixed margin, this is usually around 10 - 20% under the RRP and similar to most other sellers. We have never in our history priced anything above an RRP price and all our stock is priced the best we can do with the current dollar exchange rate. Our eBay user id is thelairoftheoctopus.

The badds99 eBay account belongs to a family member. It is operated completely independently with the exception that they store their stock at the same Safe Storage location (hence the same location on our eBay accounts) and we use the same courier account. We share that location and the courier to save on costs. Badds99 purchases items from private collectors, and rarely from wholesalers. This is why you will often see a difference in price and such a mix of different items (nothing like what the Lair sells). All our Chewbacca and Han Solo Hot Toys packs were sold through our website, never on eBay, and all were sold at a very fair price based on the wholesale cost we paid. As Badds99 purchases from private individuals his costs are based on demand just the same as his selling prices may be. To make it clear, the Lair does not buy from private individuals and when approached by customers wishing to offload collections we actually do refer them to badds99.

I hope this clears up any confusion about who we both are. If you would have any more questions about the Lair please feel welcome to contact us through our website.

I have also purchased loads of hot toys from BADDS99 and I have found them very very reasonable and a pleasure to deal with.
If he wishes to advertise a few items at a higher price then so be it ..... it's all about supply and demand at the end of the day.
Some figures become very hard to get hold of and the prices sky rocket as we all know.
This particular twin pack of Han & Chewie sold out long ago and the prices went crazy as we all know.
Also I have noticed a few other sellers charging north of £750 for this item before the re-run was announced so give the guy a break.

Yeah, so did mine that I put in like a week ago and thought I canceled. I think it's clear they're making more. Either only waitlist people will get these, or these will go back up for pre-order/order at some point.

I guess I didn't cancel, but I'm considering it as I'd like to use a coupon if they are indeed going to put him back up for pre-order. I'm only interested in buying to see if they change the hair color at all. What's strange is it says it will turn into a real order on the 17th. Does that mean they'll ship on the 17th? :panic:

I'm at work and 2 people here have just said their Chewbacca waitlist converted today. And they have 1 day to decide if they want it.

What the heck is going on?

I think it may be for those who waitlisted the item as it stills says "Join Waitlist" and they haven't put up any of the figures separately to buy

Huh. Just got the individual Chewie and the 2-pack converted to orders too. One day after I pre-ordered a Han from a local store and paid a deposit. Now I don't know what to do. :(

Back