1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks crap and ht changed/improved nothing, big surprise. :slap Well looks like i will have to invest in a hurricane if i ever want a accurate looking vader. Can't believe ht is charging 300$ for a figure that looks like it cost them 50$ to make. Disgusting.

SSC Vader is still better than HT Vader with these early shots.

Also... that Kenobi looks terrible in the duel with Vader....

That's silly talk. I love my SSC Vader but the only thing that looks better is possibly the cape and robe. The helmet and new dome on HT Vader are leaps and bounds more accurate. I think it looks a little odd in some of those shots because of the odd lighting. For the most part, the dome shape is there...at least more so than any previous figure. I bet we will some spectacular pictures pretty soon.

HK release day purchase for sure :lecture

Can't wait. Bring it on and all those other excitable things you say when you're excited.

Watched the video - Sound effects are a nice 'bonus' but more importantly the figure looks great. Looking forward to this!

Does anyone know where the electronics for the sounds effects will be housed?
Please say it'll be in the base...

Other than that, I'm really pleased he's looking this good in the video. He'll look even better once he's lit properly.
I think they're over lighting the figure to show it off and this is making it look a little too slick.

Yeah, I'm hoping in better lighting it'll look a bit less plasticky.:pray:

The hands and the jumpsuit are the two things that I don't think are going to improve with lighting.:(

Does anyone know where the electronics for the sounds effects will be housed?
Please say it'll be in the base...

Probably in the chest, like RoboCop. The base looks like a typical HT SW base.

xhrrylprq87bua6fxycp.png

The face looks a little thin. ANH Vader should look like a brute, a brawler, a beast.

I've said that since day one. Face looks too pinched.

Oh well, I'll stick with my SS DV, maybe wait and see what comes up on the secondary market in the way of custom capes/anything else that can be improved upon. Defintiely not those gloves. Absolute poo.

My ANH eFX cast directly from the real-deal. 1:1 Scale. Bloody expensive (now)
Hot Toys 1:6... miniature toy at a tenth of the price.

Getting things in perspective... it's pretty damn good.

Ha ha. I just did the exact same thing only to find you'd already done it. Mines on the other side though so I can feel justfied posting. :rotfl

HT%20Vader%20vs%20EFX%20Vader_zps1fuadw0w.jpg

Really excited about this after seeing that video!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Back