1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have an idea what that piece is? .. maybe on/off switch or a piece to insert into the stand.

Capture.jpg

Looks pretty good, I think better than the proto which had a more pointy foxy face. Yeah, the cape and gloves are not that good, but I think the cape can be futzed.

Still passing on this and holding out for a ESB/ROTJ version, but I might consider getting just the head on this one to upgrade my Sideshow figure. I wonder how much the head will go for. $100 maybe?

Yeah. I feel it's more of a combination of ROTS Vader and Portumac ROTJ helmet (the one recast by SSC on their 1:1 Vader bust).

The better way to test the proportion of dome to mask is sideways....

Even if the lens is the same type of angle between a wide and tell, a larger object will have portions further from camera that will appear shrunken , in this case, EFX vaders dome silhouette....
Conversely because the smaller head fits more closely in pretty much a space of at most two inches, the distortion will be less and the dome and mask will have less discrepancy.....
use a telephoto on the eFx mask for a new pic and compare then

Haha looks like a hasbro commercial at the end. Darth vader and obi wan with lightsaber power action! Get them now! Batteries sold seperately lol. The voice makes it even more a toy.

It kind of looks good and meh at the same time. Makes me think why my wife calls my collectibles male barbies [emoji19]

That suit looks pretty fragile btw. Reminds me of the medicom that flaked all over the place. Not a fan of the gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what Hot Toys was thinking when they designed the figure with those gloves.

I like the gimmicky sound and light effects, regardless. I think the helmet looks a shade too small. I was expecting it to look more like when he enters the Tantive IV.

Definitely better than the proto. Gonna use points on him to take some of the sting out of the price. Looking forward to the 1/4 scale version whenever that goes up. That's the ROTJ version right?

Thought it only had breathing sound effects. Now to practice obiwan voice.

Looks great from those out of the box poses. Them fingers are killing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks pretty good, I think better than the proto which had a more pointy foxy face. Yeah, the cape and gloves are not that good, but I think the cape can be futzed.

Still passing on this and holding out for a ESB/ROTJ version, but I might consider getting just the head on this one to upgrade my Sideshow figure. I wonder how much the head will go for. $100 maybe?

Head will go for way over 100, doubt many will be sold parted out. They tend to mainly do that with human figures, where costume parts and weapons are secondary to the figures worth. still haven't seen many/any chewie parts.

Head will go for way over 100, doubt many will be sold parted out. They tend to mainly do that with human figures, where costume parts and weapons are secondary to the figures worth. still haven't seen many/any chewie parts.

Odd that Chewie hasn't been parted out much, but I think there's plenty to be divvied up on Vader like all his hands, sabers (lit, unlit, light up version), lots on his costume, etc.

But yeah, I can see the head going for more than $100! :horror

I'm also after that interrogation droid!

After watching the video on hot toys Facebook page I am more excited than ever for this Vader! The voice clips sound great!

Don't think he looks bad at all. Definitely the hands are the worse and I'm sure a Tony Mei cape/tunic set will make it right. I'll wait for in hands look to make a decision. And even still, SSC ESB/ROTJ Vader with the old ANH suit looks great on my shelf no matter what ;)

The helmet seems to have been improved, and it's a nice looking figure overall, but I'm still not getting any kind of ANH vibe from him whatsoever (and the tiny chestbox is certainly not helping with that).

The sound effects feature is definitely cool though. So is that totally self-contained within the base then? Because I'd be tempted to just pick that up and use it for my custom. :D

Back