1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, how about one more time, but this time let's make the facemasks the same size so we can judge the HT dome a little better (though understand there's a bit of distortion by using different lenses, and also these two helmets are angled just a hair differently...)

eum0d0.png

Looks crap and ht changed/improved nothing, big surprise. :slap Well looks like i will have to invest in a hurricane if i ever want a accurate looking vader. Can't believe ht is charging 300$ for a figure that looks like it cost them 50$ to make. Disgusting.
Lol, well hopefully that's your final comment about it and you can move on to the Hurricane thread, now. :wave -"Bye bye, CollectorGuy! Bye bye!!" :lol

Looks like unfutzed.

Looks like it has a couple of flaws.

So far...it also looks like the best out-of-the-box 1/6 Vader.

Guess we'll see.

video got me hyped to get this. Glad they added the dialogue, the voice is so much a part of his identity. I know they're making money off this, but seeing them play with the toy made me feel like this was a work of love :eek: This is what every fan would do if we had the funds and the man power to make our own Vader action figure and they're delivering it to all of us.

Lol, well hopefully that's your final comment about it and you can move on to the Hurricane thread, now. :wave -"Bye bye, CollectorGuy! Bye bye!!" :lol

Nah its not over yet, i shall mention it many many more times. :mwaha As for the hurricane that may not even happen as its sort of a commission basis and i dont know if they have any slots open right now.

Mrs. H said they had a couple outstanding to clear off their decks before they'll open it up to new orders, but hopefully not too long!

Two left , both being worked on and retro fitted with out newer parts. But please just talk about this piece. It may not be right, but it does look good.we will be buying it as soon as it hits eBay .
S x

Another thing to consider is the fact that they do both new hope and empire, i am not sure if i want an empire version more seeing how good they did that one.

This is very tempting. Trying to resist. I know the sound fx are a cheap gimmick but I love it. I'm hoping the sound is in the base and not the figure. I'd love to be able to pick up just the base if that's the case.

Not a huge ANH Vader fan. More so ESB and ROTJ but this gives me hope for those versions.

Do people not realize by now this is the pre-release panic portion of this figure release? Most of the times with Hot Toys figures it goes in phases where people love and hate and by the time most of us have it in hand we're satisfied.

This is very tempting. Trying to resist. I know the sound fx are a cheap gimmick but I love it. I'm hoping the sound is in the base and not the figure. I'd love to be able to pick up just the base if that's the case.

Not a huge ANH Vader fan. More so ESB and ROTJ but this gives me hope for those versions.
Like RoboCop it'll be in the figure.

ROTJ would be the one I want to get to go with ROTJ Luke for the final battle scene. The severed hand and unmasked sculpt would probably come with that version for those who passed on the SSC Vader.

What page is the video link (to which everyone is referring to) on?

It does look great, but I still don't at all see ANH Vader? Am I crazy?

Hey, how about one more time, but this time let's make the facemasks the same size so we can judge the HT dome a little better (though understand there's a bit of distortion by using different lenses, and also these two helmets are angled just a hair differently...)

eum0d0.png

Yeah. I feel it's more of a combination of ROTS Vader and Portumac ROTJ helmet (the one recast by SSC on their 1:1 Vader bust).

Back