1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the correct ROTS Vader you'd have to make the bodysuit very loose fitting and make him overall scrawnier.

That Vader comp is interesting, but the various lenses used on the three 1/6th scale Vader heads is a bit unfair.

Yup. Agreed. But that was the best same angle photos I could find :(

These are poor quality pics, but this is the closest screen/costume match I can find. Oddly, the HT chestbox doesn't measure out as too small, even though it really looks it The futz on the HT outfit is obviously WAY off in terms of where the belt, chestbox and upper chest armor is.

iwlufm.png

I think this is more accurate when sizing by the body rather than helmet alone...

iwlufm copy.jpg

Just lift up that belt, grandpa, and he'd look pretty good. Box is still small but maybe not quite as bad as I thought.

I think this is more accurate when sizing by the body rather than helmet alone...

But now the helmets are different sizes. Even the beltboxes. I'm not sure what your resize achieves other than getting the overall body masses to match. Body mass is just underlying body choice and padding. I'm trying to compare all the actual elements that make up Vader.

As I said, I also used the belt buckle and the chest armor for sizing, not the helmet alone. It just seems to make sense you'd match the helmet sizes because that's your logical starting point.

View attachment 221784

Just lift up that belt, grandpa, and he'd look pretty good. Box is still small but maybe not quite as bad as I thought.

The only thing that is glaringly wrong is the shoulder bells design of the Hr which looks like the anh sideshow version...instead of the design being this () it's this more like a curvy version of this /\

I would actually use the shoulder width as a starting point but that's just me

So you match the shoulder width... then what? Shrink or expand the helmet to the size it needs to be? The helmet you have is the helmet you have - that has to be your starting point.

I agree with Talibane here. You can always change aspects of the body (i.e., mods, body swap) but for the most part, you are stuck with the costume pieces. What I get from these comparisons is that the costume pieces are mostly in scale with each other but that the body is too large.

The side by side comp also shows how prominent the "Licorice" bodysuit's bumps are. Look at the arm on the Vader costume and the arm on the HT figure in terms of how raised the sewn bumps are. It's possible it's just the high contrast lighting.

The side by side comp also shows how prominent the "Licorice" bodysuit's bumps are. Look at the arm on the Vader costume and the arm on the HT figure in terms of how raised the sewn bumps are. It's possible it's just the high contrast lighting.

Vader suit is should be somewhat puffy...

It was tha STAMPED quality of the sideshow suit that gave it a licorice look...hard perforated ridges, instead of the quilted leather...sideshow empire ( and anh) gloves look wonderful though!

image.jpeg

Vs
Photo From MWCToys:
image.jpeg

Back