1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't ordered this yet. I would prefer to wait a bit because I've got a lot to pay out for this month but at the same time I don't want to run the chance of missing out and having to pay after market prices. This Vader is a must have for me

Take 2.

Anyone thinking that either of the SSC's look remotely good has got some serious issues with their eyesight. The Hot Toys looks like a full-size guy in a mask compared to the toys flanking it.

Most of the inaccuracies with these masks and domes I had previously noticed. But something that is remarkable with this side-by-side is how basic the sculpts of the cheeks were on the sideshow figures. They were just basically triangles.

Time to go bed!:panic::wave

Attachments

• COMP.jpg
    COMP.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 245
It is funny how Hot Toys works. They botch the Kenobi sculpt and get the outfit correctly. For Vader, they create the most screen accurate sculpt and they botch the outfit with mistakes.

Welp, so much for that "Coming Soon" picture. :lol

This looks like a great Revenge of The Sith Vader if you tuck the torso robes under the armor.

This looks like a great Revenge of The Sith Vader if you tuck the torso robes under the armor.

For the correct ROTS Vader you'd have to make the bodysuit very loose fitting and make him overall scrawnier.

That Vader comp is interesting, but the various lenses used on the three 1/6th scale Vader heads is a bit unfair.

These are poor quality pics, but this is the closest screen/costume match I can find. Oddly, the HT chestbox doesn't measure out as too small, even though it really looks it The futz on the HT outfit is obviously WAY off in terms of where the belt, chestbox and upper chest armor is.

iwlufm.png

Are you joking on that comp?

Look at the knees. Your HT pic is quite a bit larger. Need to scale it down, then the chest box will be clearer.

At fast look, you can see that the chest box and chest armor length is about the same on 'real' Vader, whereas on the HT the chest armor looks a bit longer than the corresponding chest box.

Are you joking on that comp?

Look at the knees. Your HT pic is quite a bit larger. Need to scale it down, then the chest box will be clearer.

Yes, I'm joking. And you're the only one that's gotten it so far!:lol

Actually, no - it's scaled based on tusk-to-tusk, between outer "cheek" points, and width of belt buckle dimensions (and to some degree the widest width of the center band of the chest armor,) which are all the same between pics. The facemasks are aligned and the same size.

And considering that HT Vader's belt is hovering below the crack gangsta style, I'm guessing the knee-to-belt distance is probably a little off.:dunno

Yeah, it's funny how Vader always seemed to love to have that belt riding up around the armpits.:lol

Actually, no - it's scaled based on tusk-to-tusk, between outer "cheek" points, and width of belt buckle dimensions (and to some degree the widest width of the center band of the chest armor,) which are all the same between pics. The facemasks are aligned and the same size.

Clearly you've proven once again that HT continues its great tradition of pin-head sculpt sizes.

Just for ****s and giggles, try lining up the actual body proportions instead of the face mask only. Will be very interesting. You'll hurt people in the heart.

Back