1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suit still doesn't look better than SS ANH but hopefully it looks fine in hand, looks impressive overall. Still want to see some shots with the stormtroopers for a better sense of the height. Did they fix the nose? Even in the promo video it looked like the proto nose.

Screen accurate robotic Anakin hand!

11248809_183017152037750_4135410596871453492_n.jpg

The hands suck....
(they do make me nostalgic about the comic book depictions of his hands )

But those pictures are PHENOMENAL....

The cut of the cape is dead on....I didn't even think about the stitching....the cut is just right and it hangs over the shoulders the way it should....

The helmet is even better looking than in that video...
It is hands down the best helmet in 1/6 scale I have ever seen...customs and I daresay the Marmit prototype included....

Hand remind me of Planet of the Apes for some reason. Maybe I hand they might not be as noticeable and can be overlooked. Really can't say anything bad about it. Congrats to those making the purchase!!

Would the anh Sideshow Vader gloves fit well on this figure?...anyone know how to attaché them to hot toys arms?

Helmet looks fantastic and the proportions look much better than they seemed to earlier.

Although what the heck is going on with the stitching on the chest area of the bodysuit? Looks like it's all over the place.

Close up of helmet - definitely blows away anything that has come before...:clap:clap:clap

1vaderHT_zpsnnudvstc.png

They did,
what the rots preproduction team should've done with Vader's face:
Find the medium between the halves and make symmetrical,
versus favoring one side over the other and mirroring into two halves

But oddly enough there looks like some minor traces of the actual helmet, like the warbled backskirt of the dome and the s-curve of his screen right cheek....but maybe it's just me

They did,
what the rots preproduction team should've done with Vader's face:
Find the medium between the halves and make symmetrical,
versus favoring one side over the other and mirroring into two halves

But oddly enough there looks like some minor traces of the actual helmet, like the warbled backskirt of the dome and the s-curve of his screen right cheek....but maybe it's just me

Yeah when you flip the image you see that they did make it pretty asymmetrical. And even the dome as well, which was unexpected. So unlike Sideshow, they clearly did their homework there.

Although if I were getting this, I'd still be tempted to lower the dome a bit more...

vad (1024x530).jpg

With the robes under the (too shiny)armor and the undersized chest box, this figure makes a pretty kickass ANH/ESB amalgam. Still has the feel of the OT vader without being perfectly accurate.

Perfect scale with Obi wan! :yess:

Did the chest not light up in ANH

That helmet is spot on IMO to ANH

As inaccurate as the gloves are..they still don't have the annoying flared out oven mit look of SS Vader Deluxe.

Let us also be reminded of the Hasbro saber that was included with our original $250 figure.

Back