1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just order some gloves from Toy Anxiety. ROTJ SSC, but anything would look better than these abominations :slap

The stitching goes the wrong way in SSC ESB/ROTJ gloves though, and the SSC ANH gloves are too long (even for the ultra-tall figure.) People did cut them down I think.

mlmw42.png

Getting a paunch there, Vader. Too much sugar in your Mr. Coffee while watching Mr. Radar?

This is a TRULY remarkable photo and highlights how jaw-dropping this is for 1/6 scale...

12188072_10153148081382344_3915049541906577719_o.jpg

Think this guy will still be available in jan/feb? I have a bunch of SS points, but can't use until then

Oh, and someone should get on 3d printing a bigger chest box. Seems like it would be fairly easy to do

The stitching goes the wrong way in SSC ESB/ROTJ gloves though, and the SSC ANH gloves are too long (even for the ultra-tall figure.) People did cut them down I think.

Dang, knee-jerk reaction buy. They were only $4 plus shipping.

The gap between the belt and chest box is enormous. Is that not changeable, or fixed based on the position of his codpiece?

There should barely be a gap at all.

vader%2Bstar%2Bwars%2Bblockade%2Brunner%2Bbts-0000.jpg

I think part of the reason the gaps are so large on the torso is because the chest plate isn't long enough. You can see in that last pic of the suit, the plate goes way down making the box sit basically on his stomach.

Really liking these new photos! I'm sure the gloves will not look that weird on display. Can't wait to pose this with my stormtroopers.

The suit fits a lot better than SSC deluxe. The cape stitching isn't that bad now that I look at it again and it does not seem to be noticeable from a distance. The gloves are still an issue and I don't know why gluing them down would fix that. They are not paper thin... so wouldn't they still be a glaring error? I decided to keep my Kenobi so I will be ordering this as well. Not going to pay the HK prices for this. $400 is to much. I can wait and enjoy my SSC Vader a bit longer.
Now that I see the scale... it seems a tad to small in some pictures for me. I think it is better scaled than SSC (which is really a tad to big with the current HT OT stuff) so that was my main issue and was really the deciding factor whether or not I would buy this.

Now for the SSC deluxe Vader gloves... those are the wrong pattern on the gloves correct? I am not going to really care about that though. I just hope the gloves fit because they seem to be big.

I never thought it looked bad. Always thought it looked pretty good. It is just that the gloves and stitching on the cape really prevent this from being a perfect figure.

Think I will place my PO now.... hopefully someone buying from HK does the glove switch.

You can see how they've had to fudge the big abdomen gap, by raising the codpiece; raising the belt further above the codpiece; and lowering the chest box.

22831057292_6c65d62283_o.png

Dang, knee-jerk reaction buy. They were only $4 plus shipping.

They're wrong, but only to a Vader-phile.:lol

They are a bit oversized in the fingers - hence the "oven mitt" thing people say - and a couple of them do flare out a bit oddly (though the ESB ones did flare more than the SW ones) but they look decent.

The eyes on this one still look like the proto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, not sure why that is - maybe the lighting?

You can see how they've had to fudge the big abdomen gap, by raising the codpiece; raising the belt further above the codpiece; and lowering the chest box.

22831057292_6c65d62283_o.png

It's becoming a somewhat significant question - can it all be moved up? Vader in all three movies had the belt quite high - and there really is little to no gap either above or below the chestbox. But it's possible the HT codpiece is somehow anchored there (someone said it is) so the elements can't be moved up and closely clustered like they should be.

And whether or not the chestbox is the right size, it certainly looks a bit toy-like. Even the Sideshow ANH one looked toy-like and lacking in finer detail though.

That is not a flattering pic - looks like a Hasbro figure there.:lol Though the Medi looks no better.

Back